Photos from Wazee Lake, WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently got a new underwater camera housing, and took it on a dive at Wazee Lake. The first dive was to depth without the camera as I wanted to make sure it wouldn't leak (Housing is a prototype #001). My diving buddy and I were taking turns shooting.

Not the best photos, but the camera is also new to me.

81587d1282855043-photos-wazee-lake-wi-img_0597.jpg

81589d1282855082-photos-wazee-lake-wi-img_0590.jpg

81590d1282855082-photos-wazee-lake-wi-img_0582.jpg

81591d1282855082-photos-wazee-lake-wi-img_0594.jpg

81592d1282855082-photos-wazee-lake-wi-img_0598.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 978
  • IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Me 1.jpg
    Me 1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,025
The pictures are just fine. As usual the viz at Wazee makes photography difficult. If you have the option of adding a wide angle lense so you can shoot closer to your subject you'll like your results better.

Yes, a wide angle is on the 'wish' list. It didn't help that I accidentally changed the camera settings, and didn't realize it until after the dive.

Having said that, it is a new camera to me, and I haven't shot with anything but P&S since high school. So, in terms of improvement, I've got a long road ahead of me.

So, where do I start with the improvements (aside from the new lens)?

Find ways to get in closer. The less distance from the lense to the subject, the less crud in the water to obscure the photo. If you go to flash get a slave strobe and run it off fiber optic. This will bring the light away from right in front of the lense and reduce back scatter. See B+H photo for some relatively inexpensive options. Get a photo editing program good enough to work with color balance so you can restore the colors to what you originally saw them as. Take more pictures. Just like diving, the more pictures you take, the better you will get.

:wink: Man you look like you need one more thing to carry.......I love Wazee....I took these with natural light, and a W/A lens....
LakeWazee8-15-1029.jpg

LakeWazee8-15-101.jpg

You look like you go MUCH deeper than I ever will......It's too cold at 40' for me...

:wink: Man you look like you need one more thing to carry.......I love Wazee....I took these with natural light, and a W/A lens....

You look like you go MUCH deeper than I ever will......It's too cold at 40' for me...

those aren't bad at all. I havent dove Wazee yet cause i need new gear..but i'm happy to see that wazee has more then the seemingly three fish that devils lake has :)

those aren't bad at all. I havent dove Wazee yet cause i need new gear..but i'm happy to see that wazee has more then the seemingly three fish that devils lake has :)

Bass are the same everywhere. Start flipping over rocks and they will follow you around. Nice photo's Cheddar.

SwimJim;

What about going TTL instead of slave? I just started shooting in RAW, and have Canon's Digital Professional Pro editing software. I figure that, until my work behind the camera improves, the best editing program in the world won't help me.:D
Yes, I need some more underwater time with the camera.

Cheddar;

Just the other day I was complaining that I need a freaking Sherpa to haul all of my junk from the waters edge to my vehicle:shakehead:

I weigh around 211kg (465Lbs) when my gear is DRY. I'm afraid to know what it weighs wet. BTW, nekkid, I weigh 74kg (165Lbs). Once you get below about 12 meters, the lights go out, but temperature doesn't change much. With the right gear, you will stay warm.

Looks like you were feeding the fish:D

Bass are the same everywhere. Start flipping over rocks and they will follow you around. Nice photo's Cheddar.

I did about 60 dives over a summer in Devils while doing my DM internship. Same spot every time and i swear, there were only three fish every single time. I remember one had a scar across one eye and he was there by the platform every single time.

I did my advanced nitrox and deco procedures training there and the over riding memories are that it was quite nice above 30-40 ft and really cold at 100' and really fricking cold at 150'.

Back
Top Bottom