Photos from past couple of weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Some photos from past couple of weeks. Mostly macro stuff. I gather people had been seeing bigger stuff at more southern sites but due to my scheduling preferences I have been sticking closer to the marina for late in the day dives. As always, if you like a photo and want it for a rotating screensaver/whatever just PM me and I will send the actual file (these photos are probably 1/10th the resolution of the originals due to totally understandable cost/space management limitations of Scubaboard)

Sony RX100VII, Nauticam Housing, Dual Sea&Sea YSD-3 Strobes, either Nauticam CMC-1 or CMC-2 macro lenses or the WWL-C Wide Angle where appropriate

Splendid Toadfish (this was shot with a macro lens, looks better in high res)
DSC06150.jpg

Trumpetfish (macro lens)
DSC06059.jpg

Orange Marginella
DSC06214.jpg

Sharptail eels
DSC06046.jpg

Sharptail eels (part 2)
DSC06052.jpg

Spotted Moray and Goldentail eel. I call it an integrated neighborhood. Not really the best picture since they were a little far apart but interesting to see the two of them even this close.

DSC06116.jpg

Scorpionfish with fireworms (I had assumed it was dead, but I guess this could be some type of cleaning behavior). It was kind of between a rock and the wall so this was the best shot I could get in a bunch of tries (many blind holding camera in ridiculous positions because there was no way I could line up behind the camera due to the wall)
DSC05902-2.jpg

Juvenile Lionfish
DSC06136.jpg

Adult Lionfish that seemed to know my friend forgot his spear on the boat
DSC05787.jpg

Octopus (shot in 2 feet of water as I was finishing snorkeling on north end)
DSC05944.jpg

More to follow

Baby Shark (picture makes it look way bigger than it actually was--probably 18 inches to 2 feet)
DSC06184.jpg

Turtle (I am assuming it is either a green or a Hawksbill, but I am not up on my turtle ID)
DSC05867.jpg

Southern Stingray lifting off from the sand
DSC05510.jpg

Southern Stingray and friend

DSC06167-2.jpg

Stoplight Parrotfish with remora. Parrotfish didn't seem to like the remora, looked like it was swimming up down and sideways trying to lose it.

DSC06128-2.jpg

Web Burrfish
DSC05942.jpg

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they call this a Balloonfish
DSC05885.jpg

Scorpionfish
DSC05851.jpg

Scorpionfish close-up (different from one above)

DSC06317.jpg

Reef scene
DSC06071-3.jpg

For Juvenile Spotted Drum Lovers

DSC05846.jpg

DSC05848.jpg

DSC06427.jpg

DSC06433.jpg

Filefish (I had thought these were fringed filefish, but maybe pygmy?)
DSC06235.jpg

Crab (not sure species, this the one that lives in sand. maybe 1/2 inch wide)
DSC06462.jpg

Butterfly fish
DSC05745.jpg

Scrawled Cowfish
DSC05806.jpg

Banded Clinging Crab
DSC06380-2.jpg

Hermit crab inside a conch inside a sponge
DSC06199.jpg

Nice. The crab is a box crab and the turtle, I think, is a Hawksbill (some overbite, 2 claws on the flipper)

Like the sharptails and the scorpionfish. Nice macros especially the drums. Those are difficult to frame and focus on. Lot's of patience needed - I have a lot of Drum butt photos. I think the turtle is a Green - no saw tooth shell, fatter head, less overbite and I only see one claw. As said the crab is a box crab - I haven't decided on Rough or Flame.

Thanks for sharing your amazing photos. My favorites are the octopus & the 3 juvenile spotted drum fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom