Photography Website Hosting Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderwaterBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had a webshots account since 2002 and it has got to go. I'm paying for ads with sound now and it's too cluttered. Any recommendations for a good site with little to no advertising and not too high of cost or free? I'm paying about $30 a year for webshots. Links would be great, looking for something I can change the color of the background (maybe black).

Check out SmugMug (www[dot]smugmug[dot]com), flat rate, unlimited storage and different "themes" for the look and feel. Here's my current site as an example (kevinwestby[dot]smugmug[dot]com). They also support ability to order prints on-line and you can upgrade from the base package to get additional, more advanced features. There are also lots of add-ons for various software packages that allow you to upload to their site within the app (i.e. Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, etc). They have a 14 day free trial. Drop me a message and I'll send you a referral link if you want. Good luck!!

I've had a webshots account since 2002 and it has got to go. I'm paying for ads with sound now and it's too cluttered. Any recommendations for a good site with little to no advertising and not too high of cost or free? I'm paying about $30 a year for webshots. Links would be great, looking for something I can change the color of the background (maybe black).

I use Google's Picasa. Can't change the background color (at least not that I know of). But you get 1GB free, can set the license, visitors can order prints (and it integrates into Google Checkout), and the desktop program is great at uploading the files and decent for previewing the pictures.

I think flickr is pretty good, a pro account is about $25/year for, I think, unlimited storage. Also, because it is popular and provides APIs, plenty of other people have developed stuff that works with flickr, from being able to print photos or make calendars to plugins to pull from your flickr stream into a blog, etc.

I think flickr is pretty good, a pro account is about $25/year for, I think, unlimited storage. Also, because it is popular and provides APIs, plenty of other people have developed stuff that works with flickr, from being able to print photos or make calendars to plugins to pull from your flickr stream into a blog, etc.

Seconded. They also have a free account that gives you 100MB (maybe more) of space with no time limits if you want to try it out. They do have some ads, but they are all Flickr related (flickr from your iPhone, upgrade to the pro account, etc).

I like Photobucket and you can change the background (theme) color - plus it is free. Also it has some fun tools, ie the Stats Dashboard (who and how many people are viewing your photos), as well as a bunch of editing tools.

Or you can get the pro account...
Monthly: $2.99 - pay as you go
1 year: $24.95
2 years: $39.90

I second smugmug.

I already had a web site, but since smugmug allows me to customize my pages I do not have to host my photos on my server.

visit halemano.com, then click on photo galleries to see how seemless the smugmug look is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom