Photography Thread Revival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a whitetip out in a canyon. Every time I’ve found white tips in the daytime they’ve been resting, so I’m wondering if we spooked it.

IMG_1189.png

One of my favorite nudibranchs, Limacia mcdonaldi makes a great photo subject. They are tiny with bright orange highlights on a white body. I typically find them on about one out of every one hundred dives. I sometimes find two or three on a dive, but more often than not, only a single nudi. There were over a hundred in the small patch of rocks (30 feet) we covered today off El Segundo. I couldn't believe my eyes. There were five on one fist-size rock alone.
53972467934_9fcf23b96b_b.jpg

53972145281_9bc27fe94c_b.jpg

Is that the obsidian used in the background? I think that was you who uses it. I got myself a piece and was super excited to try it out. Found that no creature will crawl on to it..

That's what I found out. They hate it. Also, I got a really big one. ugh.. that thing is like a brick! Need to get something a lot smaller, less intrusive, and lighter!

MacDuyver, looks like a photo from Thunderball, or perhaps the remake, Never Say Never Again...!

MacDuyver, looks like a photo from Thunderball, or perhaps the remake, Never Say Never Again...!
Thanks!
Yah my thoughts exactly! I started laughing and showed my buddy, and he said "Man it looks like a crappy spy/SEAL movie.... I'd watch it"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom