photography class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill,

Hi there! I'm in NJ too but more central NJ. I would recommend that you come up to the Explorer's Dive club mtg - every 2nd Tue at the Spain Inn Piscataway but that's probably a bit of a hike for you. Many members are very good photographers.

To start w/ for UW photography, there are a good number of free online resources. I've written my own that should be some help to you: Jeff's UW Photography Page.

I agree with the others - take your camera and put it to work. Now, granted you are still looking for a camera - what type of photography do you wish to do? We can help you find some choices.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill,

Hi there! I'm in NJ too but more central NJ. I would recommend that you come up to the Explorer's Dive club mtg - every 2nd Tue at the Spain Inn Piscataway but that's probably a bit of a hike for you. Many members are very good photographers.

To start w/ for UW photography, there are a good number of free online resources. I've written my own that should be some help to you: Jeff's UW Photography Page.

I agree with the others - take your camera and put it to work. Now, granted you are still looking for a camera - what type of photography do you wish to do? We can help you find some choices.

Jeff

Thanks for that info Jeff. Yes, Piscataway is quite a hike and I don't get done work until 8pm (second shift can sometimes suck). I just want capture the beauty underwater. Keep for memories and try to get others interested not only in scuba but the health of our ecosystem. Nothing elaborate. That is why I thought the sealife DC600MAXX would be good, since I know EVERYTHING is connected and I don't have to worry about compatablity. We are doing the Speigel Grove again in October and wanted to get something before we leave. It's rather dark there and thought the 2 strobes will really help.

Here is my thought, and please repute if you feel necessary; I would buy a point and shoot w/strobes and such now, then in 5 years or so, when I am more comfortable with boyancey and photography (take some class and learn), upgrade to a $$ DSLR with the works. Im afraid if I put out the $$ now for the DSLR I will get frustrated and stop.:no
Jill

Jill,

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the link, what great information in laymans terms that idiots (that me) can understand. I have printed it out and am bringing with me to review before our first dive. Sometimes the booklets you get are just too indepth. Here are a few that I took in Cancun last month. This is with my sony 7.1mp. It just wont handle a stobe in any way:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom