Photo Workshop August 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
ok slightly back on topic... My housing, ports, and strobes came in for my 350D... Whooot!

Damn! Now you are making me itch to house my D200... sigh.. Which housing would you guys recommend? I already have the Inon strobes, so all I need is...
(a) A housing
(b) Ports (one for wide SIGMA 15-30mm and one for macro Nikkor 60mm)
(c) Another job to pay for this..

:D

But seriously, need recommendations for the housing...

Aquatica, and if you want to try one out you can come to my photo workshop here in Yap in July.. probably have one here for that....

:D

That is a thought.. Was looking at Aquatica for a while... esp since I bot the D200 last month. But it seems that no one makes a dome port for the Sigma 15-30mm. I am checking here in HK on the price now. Lets hope it is reasonable. Do you need the focus gear if you are using autofocus?

no focus gear needed.. Aquatica only uses one dome port. All you need is the proper extension ring and zoom gear,

Send them and email and inquire....

www.aquatica.ca

At least Mike is the evil one once again :) Go for it, Wolverine!

Mike dear, your avatar is scary. Can we go back to cute ole you in scuba gear? Just a thought :)

Mike Veitch:
no focus gear needed.. Aquatica only uses one dome port. All you need is the proper extension ring and zoom gear,

Send them and email and inquire....

www.aquatica.ca

Even for macro? If I can use a dome port for both lens it will be great! Save me loads of cash... (sort of) :shakehead

Mike Veitch:
Nice lookin rig pak..... its not the damage your strobes will do that worries me.. its the idea you can't crawl over the reef with your hands anymore... so you will be walking on it instead

That's the plan. I figured I'll slap 30lb's on my weight belt, leave my fins at home, and just walk all over the reef:mooner:

Wolverine:
Even for macro? If I can use a dome port for both lens it will be great! Save me loads of cash... (sort of) :shakehead

Tim, stop hanging out in those girlie bars in Wanchai :wink: and save up for a proper macro port and focus gear. I would imagine a Aquatica one can't be that much $200-$300?

pakman:
Tim, stop hanging out in those girlie bars in Wanchai :wink: and save up for a proper macro port and focus gear. I would imagine a Aquatica one can't be that much $200-$300?

Bwhahahahaha... that is true.. but its the incremental cost that hurt...Checking with the dealer in HK now on the cost... haven't reverted. BUt I don't hang out at the Wanchai girlie bars... I prefer the KTVs in TST.. hehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom