Photo DVD slideshow - which program?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arenny

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been trying and using many different programs to try and create a DVD slideshow of UW pictures. I have used Microsoft Photo Story, Ulead DVD picture show, Roxio DVD creator, but nothing is just quite right. One will have great features on titles while the other has horrible transitions.

Any suggestions on programs?

Thanks!

Adobe Premier. Top of the line video editing, but just as powerfull for creating awesome slideshows. Big $ and big learning curve though. After you create project you can then export it to Adobe Encore DVD 1.5 or it may be up to 2.0 to author your DVD.

Ulead makes a good dvd / cd picture slide show software and you can add menus chapters and sound. Real easy to use too.

alcina:
pic2pic.exe I think it's called - does an awesome job and is pretty easy...you can download a free demo, too

I think what you are referring to is called Pictures ToExe, pic2pic.exe is a batch conversion program.

I have used Pictures ToExe for several years. It's a cheap, easy to use, but powerful program. It's made by Wnsoft, here's a link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/index.html

I use Nero and have had no problems. Simple and Easy to use.

Photoshop Elements 4 and Photoshop CS2 will allow you to create and save a slide show as a pdf file. Anyone with Adobe Reader software (read just about everyone) can then play the slide show. I just did an 88 frame version of a local church festival for a friend using CS2. I have not played with the PSE4 version but I am sure it works just as well. If you buy or own one of these programs for your photo editing, you have your built in slideshow generator.

---Bob

Back
Top Bottom