Photo DVD slideshow - which program?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started off doing slide shows with Roxio Easy CD Creator and then switched to Photodex. Photodex software works much better:
  • Music syncs with slides much better
  • Better CD and DVD burning
  • Better control over transitions

I find PhotoDex works just fine for me. However, RiverRat is right that Adobe Premier is probably the best piece of software around for doing slide/video presentations.
Luke

I used SSMM 3.7, a free program, to make a decent .avi file. www.joern-thiemann.de / projects / freeware tools. But the transitions can't compare to like Adobe Premiere and others. Took a lot of photoshopping to get the jpegs edited. But after that SSMM was pretty easy to use. I then took the .avi (SSMM only creates avi files) and ran it through TMPGEnc Plus(Tsunami MPEG Encoder) to convert the avi to MPEG2 and then burned that with Nero to an SVCD (almost like a DVD but can use regular CD-R's) TMPGEnc Plus is a pretty steep learning curve too, but once you get the settings right it's one on the best tools to convert an avi file to MPEG2 for DVD authoring. Very fast and very powerfull. At first I would use Nero's built in converter to encode the avi to mpeg but it took forever and the quality was not there. Now I'm leaning towards Adobe Premiere to get the better transions etc. And Encore to author to a real DVD now that I have a dual layer burner. And I can even get more advanced and use TMPGEnc Plus as a "frameserver", to basically run from Premiere to encode the files to MPEG if I don't like Adobe's MPEG converter. But I haven't got there yet. So much time is required to learn these tools. You can really go bonkers trying to get a handle on all of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom