Phones not working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asheron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am trying to get in contact with someone at Deep 6 gear, but the phones are not working.

I am trying to find out some information about an order I placed.

Panic more, on the way to patience class?

No panic, I have been patiently working away at this.

I submitted a ticket on March 1st about an order I placed in December 17th.

I am just looking for a confirmation the order is being handled as I should have gotten an invoice in January for the changes I made to the suit.

Found their temporary phone number on Facebook for anyone else needing to get in contact:

(404)214-7081

Yes, our VOIP provider seems to be having issues with our primary number.... they recently told me that the issues they were having are non-fixable, so it seems that other number posted above may become our permanent number.

Yes, our VOIP provider seems to be having issues with our primary number.... they recently told me that the issues they were having are non-fixable, so it seems that other number posted above may become our permanent number.
@LandonL
Perhaps it's time for a different VoIP provider. I looked up your phone number in hopes I could determine who your VoIP provider was, but they are using Intrado/Apollo Global Management. Intrado is a backbone provider who delivers traffic to many CLECs (Competitive Local Exchange Companys). I help CLECs with this type of problem and have yet to find a problem that is non-fixable.

@JohnN

Here is what the provider, DIDlogic, sent me. Two different emails, saying the same thing. How a number we have had since 2015 was ported away, I do not know.

---1st email------
Please accept our apologies for all the trouble and delays with this request. We have just received a response from the Carrier that number has been ported away on 11/11/2021. Please note, we haven’t received any port out notification on our end and so haven’t our Carrier.

Unfortunately, due to number was ported such long time ago it can not be restored and the number loss you are experiencing is permanent.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and would like to offer you a free number replacement to avoid a service disruption.

---2nd email------
We regretfully inform you that one of our suppliers is experiencing major technical issues that can lead to the loss of DID phone numbers in certain locations. Unfortunately, those issues can not be fixed and the number loss you might experience is permanent. Here is the list of the affected number in your account:

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and would like to offer you a free number replacement to avoid a service disruption.

@LandonL
Without getting too deep into the morass of the telephone system. There are two numbers associated with a telephone line. The number you reference (4048005967) and a thing called the LRN (Location Routing Number). The LRN tells other telephone companies how to route calls to your number. A "port-out" / "port-in" is a change to the LRN.

When a telephone company puts a telephone switch into a LATA (Local Access and Transport Area)--basically a geographic area--, they are issued a LRN and will "own" a 10,000 block of numbers. Of course, other telephone companies can claim 1,000 blocks of numbers within that 10,000 block. That LRN tells everbody where to send the call for completion.

Intrado in turn serves a number of telephone companies (CLECs) and they internally manage where an individual number goes

I've lost access to the online tool that will tell me the history of port-in/port-out for 4808005967, but I can tell you that it was initially issued to Intrado and still belongs to Intrado. Without the full porting history on the number, it looks like Intrado may have screwed the pooch and given your number to someone else.

The bit that it was ported-out in 2021 sounds like complete BS, if it was true, you would not have been able to receive any calls on that line since November 2021 (I'm sure you would have noticed)

Maybe somone reading this will have access to PortPS (the online tool) and can confirm the porting history

Reactions: xan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom