Phone Booth underwater at Joe's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked:
And some lakes, I have to drive for an hour out of Cumberland to get a signal....Can you hear me now???

Can't hear you!! I think it has something to do with your avatar! :D

We do have some black holes in the cellphone coverage here as well, but theire getting few and far apart.. If i can make a call, I can get a minimum of a whooping 9600 baud connection, independent of the cellphone service provider.. Just need to use my backup isp login :p

Beautiful country Tigerman! I may have to come back and visit my families old country home sometime! Looking at your gallery, a place like that would be miles "hours" away from any cell coverage around here!

Land Locked:
Beautiful country Tigerman! I may have to come back and visit my families old country home sometime! Looking at your gallery, a place like that would be miles "hours" away from any cell coverage around here!
The divesite there did have cellphone coverage, but some of the other pics are taken from locations that dont. Theres a even bigger mountain behind the photographer than the one in the pic that cast a shade for the coverage. Kinda nice tho, going to the cottage and not having to worry about the cell ringing and there is no landlines there either. Nice place to do some r&r without running the risk of getting duisturbed by anyone but boaters thats probably not very interested in anything else themselves :p

Tigerman:
The divesite there did have cellphone coverage, but some of the other pics are taken from locations that dont.

Nice to have coverage when needed in case of emergency, when I want some privacy I just turn the phone off! Come to think of it, my phone is almost always turned off!:D

The wireless coverage is totally understanable. Look at the map... U.S. has a huge land with a less population density. It takes a long to hit a break-even-point after posting a tower in a remote location. Actually, the best way is to utilize a satelite technology in U.S.

Just my 2 bar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom