Phoenix to Sedona area diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidInNH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Folks!

I'm a cold-water diver who will be in Arizona (Phoenix, Sedona and don't know where else yet) at the end of April. I hadn't given any thought to diving since I'll be with my non-diving wife but she might want to do some antique and other shopping which I'm not interested in. I'm thinking it might be fun to dive somewhere different. Any great ideas in the area? Thanks in advance.

- Dave

Hiya,
Welcome to the waterless beach! A lot of divers in this area go to Lake Pleasant, which is right outside of Phoenix. There's a few shops on the way you can rent tanks from.

I know I'll be doing a rescue diver course the weekend of the 20th, so people will be out diving then. I think people go pretty much every weekend. Just keep in touch here, and you can get hooked up.

Unless you have an overpowering urge to dive in brown water, look at a brown bottom, brown rocks, brown brush, with a few fish, I'd play golf, set in the bar while wife shops, or kick back and dream about diving some place nice. But if you do decide to dive here, there's a good chance you'll meet some nice folks. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

AZTEK DIVER:
Unless you have an overpowering urge to dive in brown water, look at a brown bottom, brown rocks, brown brush, with a few fish, I'd play golf, set in the bar while wife shops, or kick back and dream about diving some place nice. But if you do decide to dive here, there's a good chance you'll meet some nice folks. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll skip the dives while out there. Although from your description, it does indeed sound inviting, I'm not sure I'll want to spend the bucks on rentals etc. for the conditions you describe. (Back here at home, I've got everything I need and am comfortable with my own gear.) Maybe I'll just get a few dives here before I go out west. (Although, I'm sure your water would be a lot warmer than here!)

Thanks again.

- Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom