Phippsburg, Maine Rookie Diver. Dive Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyClem91

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, my names Kyle I'm 25 and I'm fairly new to diving. I'm from Boston, Ma but I have a vacation home on the coast in small point, maine. I was just looking for some recommendations for local dive sites. I do have a 20' ft center console so I can do both shore dives and boat dives. It would be great to meet an experienced diver who could show my dive buddy and I the ropes around here.

Thanks

Thank you @Silty Sam I joined the Maine-iacs scuba club yesterday, I haven't got in touch with anyone yet. I found a nice map on Aqua city scuba's site. Its cool they listed head beach campground as a dive site. Its right next to my place. I'm going to give that a shot tomorrow for my first maine dive. Should be good since I know those waters pretty well. I'm also curious about the regulations for what shellfish and crustaceans you can take.

What time are you going to head beach? I've been interested in exploring that myself. The tides just aren't very good tomorrow. Shell fish and lobster and anything else in the water is highly regulated here in Maine. Don't touch the lobster, evah. It's not like Massachusetts where they let the locals collect lobster. Scallops are highly regulated too, with a short season in the dead of winter and you need a license. Come to one of the dive club meetings and you can get a lot more info.

Well I live a golf cart ride away from head beach lol so I was thinking around 4 would be best right around high tide. I also have a boat close by so I could take that around the other side of the island. However I was expecting my friends from mass to come up with the rest of the equipment I needed, but they haven't responded yet. I'm heading to Brunswick now I may just rent a bcd and regulator for the weekend. I have two full aluminum tanks also. You're definitely welcome to join me, we stay at head bech campground its a ton of fun its like one big family up here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom