Philippines Puerto Galera island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam Backo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Am planning a trip to the Philippines and have been told peurto galero island is a great spot to dive and also has descent nightlife if anybody can recommend an affordable place to stay that's close to the diving and not far to town I would appreciate it. I'm trying not too spend more than $40 a night on accommodation if possible as I would rather spend my money on dives. Also any dives you recommend or any tips would be helpfull
Thanks Sam

Yeah I've googled it all but I was wondering if someone had first hand accounts on where's good and where's bad! They all claim to be the best but I'm sure there's some dodgy joints there too.

Oh i understand. I meant search here on SB. Im sure you'll find a number of trip reports regarding puerto galera. And click on the link i provided in my first post, the people there would be very willing to answer your queries.

Sadly i haven't been there so i wont have any first had information. Good luck though and i bet you'll have a good time there.

Puerto Galera, is not an Island!
Puerto Galera is an area in the Northeast on a peninsula on the Island of Mindoro!
There are different beaches to stay at, each with dive shops!
Three of the more popular beaches are Sabang, Little LaLaguna, and Big LaLaguna.
Puerto Galera Resort: Blue Ribbon Dive Resort
Dive Philippines with Mermaid Resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera, Philippines
Sabang Inn Resort, Puerto Galera, Philippines
Technical Diving Courses - Puerto Galera - Philippines
Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers
Puerto Galera is a two hour ride south of Manila to the Batangas Pier, then a 45 min. Boat ride to Sabang Beach or downtown Puerto Galera. Little LaLaguna, and Big LaLaguna beach are short walks from Sabang. all have numerous places to stay and dive shops to dive out of.
Great diving! Deep; Drift; Shark Cave; Wreck dive; Shallow 45 fsw, mid range 60 fsw, 90 fsw; Tech dives; the Washing Machine; over 800 species of Nudibranchs in the Verde Is. Passage, ...more!

---------- Post added January 5th, 2013 at 01:28 PM ----------

Action Divers can aid in accomodations, and not break your budget!

Last edited:
Just returned yesterday from a week at Sabang. Great diving.
I highly recommend Captn Greggs for diving. Mark Cox runs a great diving outfit. It's my second time with them - first time was for some tech courses (and he's a great instructor), this time was just recreational fun diving and I really enjoyed every dive. We had the benefit of a full moon, and so some nice roaring currents if you timed it right, but the Canyons was my favourite dive site - so much fish life. There was also a German Instructor leading some of the dives, Marko, who was extremely observant and would find and point out lots of well hidden critters.

Enjoy your trip - I can't wait to go back.

Also consider Mark @ Searider right next to Action divers. mark runs a very good shop, small, clean, has rinse tanks, showers, speedboat, bathroom, serves tea/coffee/water at the shop, place to hang your gear and leave with the shop, and has rental gears if needed, plus prices are very good.
Mark can find accomadations in any price range as well. They pick you up at the ferry dock and take you back to the dock when it is time to leave.
I pay $38 night at the banana moon hotel just a 2 minute walk from Searider and it has large balcony with full ocean view, kitchen with refrig, oven, cable tv, hot water, and AC, wifi only in lobby, but wired in room, overall pretty nice. Plus with a bar/restaurant next door called full moon you get 10% off plus a happy hour from 5pm-10pm. How good is that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom