Philippines in September- private guide and/or boat at Buceo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dianna912

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are trying to decide if we should hire a private guide and/or boat for our September trip. We are supermacro hunters and love to take it EXTREMELY slow. I can look at the same 1ft rock for half an hour, easily. I can also get 3 hours on an 80L at the right dive site. (Shallow, of course.) With a private boat, are we still restricted to 60 minute dives? If not, how would that work $$ wise? Could we do 2x2 hour dives? (Trying to justify the private boat and guide to my husband, lol) Thanks!

I can't reply with regards to Buceo, but I've always had a private boat + guide with Crystal Blue Resort and long dives are the norm.

The longest dive time I had was 90+ mins at a site called Bethlehem about 10 years ago when it was just me and the guide raking through the rubble finding nudi after nudi after nudi.

We are trying to decide if we should hire a private guide and/or boat for our September trip. We are supermacro hunters and love to take it EXTREMELY slow. I can look at the same 1ft rock for half an hour, easily. I can also get 3 hours on an 80L at the right dive site. (Shallow, of course.) With a private boat, are we still restricted to 60 minute dives? If not, how would that work $$ wise? Could we do 2x2 hour dives? (Trying to justify the private boat and guide to my husband, lol) Thanks!

Not all dive centers restrict divers to 60 minutes. Also you may find most guides will not do 2 hours dives. I've dived with a guide with no time limit but finished a dive with 50 bar.

In many other places there are shore dives for macro where you can do long dives. Some dive centers will let divers do dives on the house reef without a guide. You would need to ask the place you dive with.

Not all dive centers restrict divers to 60 minutes. Also you may find most guides will not do 2 hours dives. I've dived with a guide with no time limit but finished a dive with 50 bar.

Where do you plan on diving? Anilao? PG Bohol? Leyte?

In Leyte and many other places there are shore dives for macro where you can do long dives.
Read the title of the thread and the reply #2!!!!! LOL.
You have never heard of those two operators mentioned? Does not surprise me a bit.

Ive always been told that P.I. in September is the rainy / hurricane season. I always got feb march. Dont want to get rained on two weeks straight.

Ive always been told that P.I. in September is the rainy / hurricane season. I always got feb march. Dont want to get rained on two weeks straight.
The typhoon season is from June to Nov.
Typhoon struck on Christmas Day

This one needs no reminder:

Early Nov. 2013.

I have never ever experienced of two wks straight of rain in the country at any time of the year even under the influence of typhoon/low pressure.

I go all year round never bothered with what month it is.

When divers think about the weather of Philippines, it is always "typhoon" that first came to their mind. Unfortunately typhoon is a fact of life from May to Dec and there is NO escape from it. Even deep south in Mindanao eg. Davao:

Summer is the low season. Pity.

When divers think about the weather of Philippines, it is always "typhoon" that first came to their mind. Unfortunately typhoon is a fact of life from May to Dec and there is NO escape from it. Even deep south in Mindanao eg. Davao:

Summer is the low season. Pity.

Typhoons can come in any month of the year. That's life in parts of Asia & Australia. We live in typhoon Alley

TYPHOON ALLEY.jpg.jpg

MOD EDIT to specify area of Asia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom