Philippines in Feb - travel advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeff99

Registered
Reaction score
A lovely little village in Wiltshire, England
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi PPD!

Hope to come to Philippines in February. Been drooling over the prospect for a week or two now, but travel plans are a bit vague at the moment and need tightening up a bit!

Can get direct flight to Cebu from UK and would like to visit Southern Leyte, Bohol and maybe Cabilao. I understand that there is a Seacat twice a day from Cebu to Leyte - so is there anyway that I could easily get from Leyte to Tagbilaran and then from there to Cabilao? If there is not, then I guess that it would be easier to spend, say, two weeks on Leyte, return to Cebu on the Seacat and then come back to Tagbilaran and spend a week at Alona Beach, missing out Cabilao. Or I could just spend the whole three weeks on Leyte which would simplify things - this is the place I would really like to see most I think.

All in all, pretty vague really!!! 'Spose I'm looking for some pointers all round re: travel, sites etc.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Jeff

jeff, yeah I had such a good time on my recent trip, I am thinking of trying to get back out to maybe do some more diving in Bohol before our Southern Leyte (Sogod) trip after Christmas. But so far, I haven't found any fast ferries that run from Leyte to Bohol. So I think it's either backtrack to Cebu City or try to find an overnite slow boat.

edit: Jeff, an alternative plan might be for you to check out Malapascua...

Hi guys!

Thanks for replying! Yeah didnt think you could get from leyte to bohol quickly:-( Looks like we'll have to backtrack and go via cebu. Was thinking of the carbon footprint thing as well!

Met a guy in the Maldives last November from Holland, Merijn - buddied with him - he said I should come to the Philippines. He's been back since - think he stayed in Moalboal and think it was Siqijour. He said the corals were the best he's seen and he liked the nudi's too. Been looking ever since and have to say it looks brill! Can't wait!

Jeff

I spent a couple days at Cabilao back in May - and I've gotta say if you're travelling alone, I wouldn't go especially out of my way to dive there... - the diving is pretty much identical to Alona/Panglao - except there ain't nothing at all at night there..

If I were you, interested in a bit of travelling and seeing a bit more of the area, I'd take up Pak's suggestion of Malapascua (although that's just me, I wanna see them Threshers!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom