Philippines end of February?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nut Bubblefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello to all,

I am considering diving in the Philippines in late February. I had Moalboal & Pescador in mind, or Subic bay.
Are these good places? Weather wise, is late February a reasonable time?
I am ready to hear about other places, as long as they are not to crowded, and offer good accomodation for a family with non diver kids who like good comfort.
Thanks for the help.:lam:

fine time to dive around the end of feb. The viz in Subic isn't that great (this is common knowledge, I only have experience snorkelling there) but it's close to manila so the trip there is easy. For wrecks, you might want to check out Coron. I'll be going next next week so I can post details about the diving there. Both are family suited but Subic might be better since there'll be more stuff to do.

As for moalboal, the beach there has been ruined by the last typhoon, so don't think the family would enjoy it. For a person with your dive experience you might enjoy somewhere else such as Bohol, Apo Island, or Mactan (which are all family orientated as well). Don't get me wrong, Moalboal is a nice place that I'd love to go see, but it is generally known as a place that only novice divers would love. They have a deal there though of like $50 all you can dive in a day.

Hope that helps. Might want to ask this is the Philippine Paradise divers section instead of the Gen Asia section for a more variety of answers.

Glad you chose the PI! I've always wondered, is there a holiday in indonesia that you can take time off at the end of Feb?

Nuts Bubblefish:
Hello to all,

I am considering diving in the Philippines in late February. I had Moalboal & Pescador in mind, or Subic bay.
Are these good places? Weather wise, is late February a reasonable time?
I am ready to hear about other places, as long as they are not to crowded, and offer good accomodation for a family with non diver kids who like good comfort.
Thanks for the help.:lam:
hey nuts! (hmmmm that didn't sound so good)

hey bubblefish!

chip's right, feb's a great time to come over, it's still a little cooler since the summer isn't in full swing just yet, winds are refreshing too so topside's great for everyone...

if you want something real different i'd recommend coron - very good wreck diving (WWII stuff) as well as an awesome day tour the wife and kids will definitely enjoy (you too if you skip diving for a bit)... there are also resorts there that offer beaches and other water activities so it's great overall

Jag

Back
Top Bottom