Phi Phi August...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raya

Contributor
Reaction score
Im now married to my gorgeous hubby with our gorge
Hi guys and girls..
I spent 6 months living on Phi Phi almost 2 years ago now... and Im about to head back there with my fiance on the 16th of August, Ive never been there at this time of year, so Im wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the weather...and I heard that Hin Daeng and Hin Muang have been closed is this true?? Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can find mantas and maybe a whale shark at this time of year?? Ive also been told that Phi Phi has had a major face lift, since the tsunami, I was there 11 months after, and found the island near enough like paradise, does it still have the paradise effect or have the 7/11's taken over??? Would love to hear from anyone that has been there recently or even better is based there. Thanx, raya xxx

Phi Phi has changed: it is built up, and more or less a party island these days, with people making excursions to still lovely places like Viking Cave and Maya Bay during the day.

But: weather will normally be ok, with an occasional shower. Also during August Phi Phi itself will be ok.

Hin Daeng and Hin Muang are open, seem to be recuperating fast, but since it will not be very busy and the weather has to cooperate, you may or may not be able to get there. But there are still enough nice sites, even if you can not reach Hin Daeng and Hin Muang.

Have fun.

hi there raya,
at the moment the weather is very good sunny and dry and a little breeze and the weather forecast is also looking good .
phi phi at the moment is busy with a lot of tourist that stay for a few days and during the daytime a lot of day tourist from phuket .
and yes they are building a lot of new buildings at the moment . some parts of it are starting to look to much like shopping centers but in overal its still like paradise .
and so far there is only 1 7/11 and hopefully it wil stay with 1 .
hin daeng and hin muang are not closed but this time of year there are not many trips going there .
the spotted a whaleshark 2 days ago on phi ley wall so if your really lucky mayby it will hang around on the local dive sites .
for manta's mayby hin daeng and hin muang if your lucky but this time of year there are not a lot of manta sightings .
mayby see you around on phi phi , greetings walter

raya:
Hi guys and girls..
I spent 6 months living on Phi Phi almost 2 years ago now... and Im about to head back there with my fiance on the 16th of August, Ive never been there at this time of year, so Im wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the weather...and I heard that Hin Daeng and Hin Muang have been closed is this true?? Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can find mantas and maybe a whale shark at this time of year?? Ive also been told that Phi Phi has had a major face lift, since the tsunami, I was there 11 months after, and found the island near enough like paradise, does it still have the paradise effect or have the 7/11's taken over??? Would love to hear from anyone that has been there recently or even better is based there. Thanx, raya xxx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom