PG Day dive inquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only visited White beach and aninuan beaches with the family for kayaking/free diving.
I have checked out the Asia divers/el galleon website quite a bit plus subscribe to their weekly newsletter. My plan for next April is to stay at the El Galleon for 10 days and dive hopefully do 2-4 dives a day for at least 7-8 days. I have heard much of this point bar of which you speak and plan on many an evening with a malimig san miguel. Most of my relatives live in Mabini so sometimes a day trip may be needed to PG. Also, in anialo when we take the banca out, we usually do a 2 tank dive and then return back to the resort where we started. sounds like in PG it is a single tank dive, then right back to the resort for your SI.

Actually, I meant driving myself to Batangas pier (not Anilao) and take the earliest boat to Sabang, somehow get there by 9:30 do 2 boat dives and leave by early afternoon back to Batangas. Park car in the pier, something like 60 pesos?

Latest boat that departs from sabang is at 1345.
Earliest boat from batangas to sabang, is 0815, but being the Philippines, boat normally leaves more like 9-930.
So you'll get there about 1030 or so.
To get there earlier, one can take the batangas-muelle route, earliest being 0500 (or more likely 0600) and take a tricycle to sabang from Muelle, about 20 minutes ride.
The other option is to of course rent a private boat to sabang from leah beach, which will cost alot for single divers.

Was the lawyer a chinese looking guy with moustache?
If he is, i know he frequents Sea Rider.

Cheers

reservation@divewithchot.com
he run a dive shop in sabang and can give the same amount of discount.especially if you are Filipino

I'm confused here....there is a Pinoy Rate and a Kano rate? Please help me understand that one.:shocked2:

I'm confused here....there is a Pinoy Rate and a Kano rate? Please help me understand that one.:shocked2:
there is a standard rate... ranging from $20-$25 depending on the op... on the average $22 if i'm not mistaken

this dive shop offers a wee discount if you're a pinoy... this, i suppose, is on the assumption that:

1) it costs more over-all for a pinoy earning pesos to spend the same $20 that a kano would spend for... value of money and how long it takes to earn $20/ P1,000...

2) local divers are primarily Anilao regulars - not PG - giving a small incentive like a 10% discount helps encourage local patronage

3) discounts are good karma... you eventually reap the benefits of what you sow...

Jag

Yes! That's the lawyer, with a Chinese surname taggging always an O2 pony bottle and packs his gear in a hard plastic black luggage rollon.

I have to agree on this one... I have no issues with offering a lower rate to local residents for some of the reasons mentioned by Jag, but to be charged more based on race or national origin goes against the grain. I try not to get to upset by it when I run across it :)

It would be illegal in the US to do this, but of course it isn't the US... (another thing I remind myself of :wink:)

Thanks for the info AquaDivng1234; I checked out Sea Rider and the owner Mark Narvacan replied by email he charges Php800 per speedboat dive. Will definitely try this out soon.

Thanks for the info AquaDivng1234; I checked out Sea Rider and the owner Mark Narvacan replied by email he charges Php800 per speedboat dive. Will definitely try this out soon.

That's a great price (same as Nelson's in Moalboal) :)

So far the best price I've seen in the Philippines. Please let us know how it turns out. I may have to check out Sea Rider the next time I'm in PG :)

Back
Top Bottom