PG Day dive inquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that in order of highest rate down???:D Where do the Japanese fall on the scale? And how about "Doesn't look kano but walks, talks and acts like a kano".:D
that's the "european" rate...

i did not mention the looks-kano-but-speaks-tagalog rate w/c throws them off and instantly brings you from the kano rate down to the local pinoy rate...

it's a complicated system you understand... :shakehead:

Jag

Just updating this thread, will be going to PG this weekend and try Mark at Sea Rider. Will give a trip report after this. It will be my prelude to a longer stay over the holidays. Anyone in PG Friday, just PM me let's get together.

For the price of a round trip air fare ticket to Boracay (~7,000 pesos) one can go to Puerto Galera overnight, dive three times and enjoy the company of 2 other people for less, food excluded.

This is what I did when I took along my non diver wife and diver daughter to try out the place last weekend. We left Pasig at 6 in the morning and arrived at Batangas pier at 8:30 after two pit stops and slow traffic along the national highway after the expressway going to the Star tollway. I parked our car at Park and Sail immediately across Terminal 3 where we took the one hour ferry which left at 9. Even tipped the porter to carry all our gear in a cart a hundred pesos. The ferry was 200 pesos per head.

Upon arrival at Sabang island, we were picked up by the speed boat of Sea Rider Dive Center and 5 minutes later disembarked in front of the dive shop.

Since my non diver wife preferred to spend the day in a comfortable room, it took some time to settle down until we chose the inn right beside the dive shop, very convenient to run to after we rinse in the shop and rush to the room for a hot shower. The room had aircon, cable TV, a kitchen with fridge and two burner stove, and hot shower all for the price of 1,600 per night with an extra bed already included. Of course, price doubles during peak season,

I already reserved a week's stay there over the holidays. Right next to the inn that we chose is a restaurant bar boasting the coldest beer in town called Full Moon but recently changed management and now called China Moon. The chef cooks 5 star hotel food with prices averaging 350 pesos, cold beer at 60. ( With our kitchen and fridge, I will be saving more when we go back) My wife bought fresh mangoes from a vendor who passed by and the chef boasted his culinary skills by making a flambe out of it for a corkage fee of 10 pesos

All our dives were just 5 to 15 minutes away from the dive shop and the owner, Mark Narvacan extended service to us par excellence for only 800 pesos per dive to Indios like me and my mixed blood daughter. There are some 40 dive spots and we only tried Sabang Wreck which was right in front of Sabang beach. Right after surfacing our dive boat was moored beside a floating bar and to the amazement of my shocked daughter I was greeted with a GRO who stuffed my mouth with boiled banana dipped in bago-ong, reputedly a delicacy from “Leeteh”

Our afternoon dive after a sumptious lunch of mixed seafood grill for only 350 pesos but good for 2 complete with salad and soup was at Monkey Beach, about 7 minutes away.

We had a relaxing evening after that, enjoying a quiet evening with no loud music as the inn is located in Small Laguna, a good 10 minute walk away from the barrio of Sabang where all the night life is. There are more than 20 dive shops along the stretch.

The following day we made another dive before departing at Hole in the Wall, 15 minutes away. My daughter had her first try at drift diving and our boat picked us up a good 2 kilometers away from where we started. Visibility averaged 25 meters all throughout the 2 days of diving and temperature at 25 degrees centigrade. I managed with a 1.5 mm jumpsuit but settled with a 3 mm hooded vest inside after our 1st dive to conserve energy. What I appreciated about Sea Rider's policy is to make sure we really had spent at least 60 minutes diving on all our dives. Look them up at www.seariderdivecenter.com

I already look forward to going back next month.

Attachments

• Approach.JPG
    Approach.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 31
  • banana flambe.JPG
    banana flambe.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 34
  • hole in the wall.jpg
    hole in the wall.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Sabang Wreck resident.jpg
    Sabang Wreck resident.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 29
  • shrimp closeup.JPG
    shrimp closeup.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 30
  • the neighborhood.JPG
    the neighborhood.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Mangyans.JPG
    Mangyans.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Inside the cabin.JPG
    Inside the cabin.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 33
Korricongs simply do not know any better. They make me sooooo friggin' mad sometimes.......grrrrrrr.

Yup, full moon restaurant/ bar was one of the best places there to eat! Prices were reasonable, and the chef was very very good (and friendly too). And I am very very hard to pease when it comes to food...:coffee::D

Glad you had a great time!

For the price of a round trip air fare ticket to Boracay (~7,000 pesos) one can go to Puerto Galera overnight, dive three times and enjoy the company of 2 other people for less, food excluded.

This is what I did when I took along my non diver wife and diver daughter to try out the place last weekend. We left Pasig at 6 in the morning and arrived at Batangas pier at 8:30 after two pit stops and slow traffic along the national highway after the expressway going to the Star tollway. I parked our car at Park and Sail immediately across Terminal 3 where we took the one hour ferry which left at 9. Even tipped the porter to carry all our gear in a cart a hundred pesos. The ferry was 200 pesos per head.

Upon arrival at Sabang island, we were picked up by the speed boat of Sea Rider Dive Center and 5 minutes later disembarked in front of the dive shop.

Since my non diver wife preferred to spend the day in a comfortable room, it took some time to settle down until we chose the inn right beside the dive shop, very convenient to run to after we rinse in the shop and rush to the room for a hot shower. The room had aircon, cable TV, a kitchen with fridge and two burner stove, and hot shower all for the price of 1,600 per night with an extra bed already included. Of course, price doubles during peak season,

I already reserved a week's stay there over the holidays. Right next to the inn that we chose is a restaurant bar boasting the coldest beer in town called Full Moon but recently changed management and now called China Moon. The chef cooks 5 star hotel food with prices averaging 350 pesos, cold beer at 60. ( With our kitchen and fridge, I will be saving more when we go back) My wife bought fresh mangoes from a vendor who passed by and the chef boasted his culinary skills by making a flambe out of it for a corkage fee of 10 pesos

All our dives were just 5 to 15 minutes away from the dive shop and the owner, Mark Narvacan extended service to us par excellence for only 800 pesos per dive to Indios like me and my mixed blood daughter. There are some 40 dive spots and we only tried Sabang Wreck which was right in front of Sabang beach. Right after surfacing our dive boat was moored beside a floating bar and to the amazement of my shocked daughter I was greeted with a GRO who stuffed my mouth with boiled banana dipped in bago-ong, reputedly a delicacy from “Leeteh”

Our afternoon dive after a sumptious lunch of mixed seafood grill for only 350 pesos but good for 2 complete with salad and soup was at Monkey Beach, about 7 minutes away.

We had a relaxing evening after that, enjoying a quiet evening with no loud music as the inn is located in Small Laguna, a good 10 minute walk away from the barrio of Sabang where all the night life is. There are more than 20 dive shops along the stretch.

The following day we made another dive before departing at Hole in the Wall, 15 minutes away. My daughter had her first try at drift diving and our boat picked us up a good 2 kilometers away from where we started. Visibility averaged 25 meters all throughout the 2 days of diving and temperature at 25 degrees centigrade. I managed with a 1.5 mm jumpsuit but settled with a 3 mm hooded vest inside after our 1st dive to conserve energy. What I appreciated about Sea Rider's policy is to make sure we really had spent at least 60 minutes diving on all our dives. Look them up at www.seariderdivecenter.com

I already look forward to going back next month.

Shugar and Babydamulag, I regret to admit those are not Koreans; that is my part Swiss daughter and Mark adjusting her weights standing on the coral quilty as charged. They are monitoring this forum so they will know better next time. Apologies to the Koreans.

By the way, this thread was originally to find out if it was possible to do a day dive. If one can manage to catch the 6 a.m. ferry then I suppose an 8:30 and 10:30 dive would be possible before catching the 2 p.m. ferry back. That would cost Php 2,000 without lunch inclusive of ferry. Add the cost of getting to Batangas pier. Oh, add also environmental fee in Batangas and terminal fee of 10 pesos in Sabang. On the other hand, an Anilao day dive at Planet Dive would cost 1,750 with lunch inclusive of 2 boat dives and unlimited shore dives. I guess that about completes the picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom