PETA offers to save beach if name is changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ad090724.jpg

Oh! Look at the friendly Sea Kitten!

(actually, that one does seem to be acting like a big pussycat, as watching that video, it seems to be going from diver to diver as if seeing if any of them have food for it - granted, having that big of a shark nosing at you would likely be a major pucker-factor for most of us, but it doesn't really seem to be getting aggressive)

Another helping of Sea Kitten anyone??? :stirpot:

Oh! Look at the friendly Sea Kitten!

(actually, that one does seem to be acting like a big pussycat, as watching that video, it seems to be going from diver to diver as if seeing if any of them have food for it - granted, having that big of a shark nosing at you would likely be a major pucker-factor for most of us, but it doesn't really seem to be getting aggressive)

I did that same dive when I was in Fiji, but didn't see any tigers. I guess I'm glad now...it was a little too curious for me. It looks like the DMs were trying hard to keep it away from the divers. :shocked2:

We're heading to Beqa Lagoon in about 6 months, and I'm still deciding whether to do the shark dive.

From what I've heard from other divers that have gone there, both in person and on the 'net, the tiger comes in maybe once a month or so. From what I understand, in that video she had come in after the feeding was done, and based on how it looks, it's more like she's making the rounds to see if anyone else had something to offer. As large as she is, if she were trying to be aggressive and hurt anyone, she would have probably succeeded.

Personally I think it would be really interesting to do a complete environmental audit on PETA headquarters (as well as those of other "animal rights" organizations like the Fund for Animals). I wonder what products we'd find that required the "sacrifice" of animals to produce.

My feeling is that most of these folks think that food chains are Vons, Kroger and the like and that, at least in America, cats and dogs are native animals (just like pigs and goats).

PeTA got into trouble a couple of years ago or so, when it was learned that many of the dogs and cats they were "rescuing" were not being rehomed. In some rather embarassing discoveries, it was found that many of the animals did not even survive the initial journey with the PeTA folks, as they were being euthanized and disposed of in local dumpsters right away.

Click for San Francisco Chronicle story

PeTA, of course, spins it differently and claims they were providing humane euthanasia for animals that would have been killed anyway. Disposing of the carcasses in random dumpsters, however, is not only blatantly illegal, but also doesn't lend credibility to PeTA's claims of noble intentions.

These are the same people that took President Obama to task for swatting a fly, instead of humanely trapping it and releasing it outdoors.

They have to rename the beach to care about the fish. Good thing they really care about the enviroment!

As far as the "lesser stripy sea kitten" video goes.. That seemed to be a bit too curious for the DMs liking..

Close er down. Lawyers will scream public access and the parks will reopen soon anyhow.

You have to admire their PR department, darn they're good. They will probably be getting millions in free advertising from this

Attachments

• 080709-unhappy.jpg
    080709-unhappy.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom