Perspective

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azcaddman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, the wife and I are working in the garage last night (on a sugarglider cage), when we notice some neighborhood kids (ages 8-13) zooming around the street on their electric scooters.

Dont think much of it, they're always running around doing something.

Then she notices them at the end of our driveway, trying to be inconspicuous.

Dont think much of it, they're kids.

15 minutes later, I hear a small voice from the driveway asking "excuse me, can I ask you a question"

I look up, and there are 2 9-10 yr old girls at the end of the driveway. "Sure" I say.

"Is that REAL"?

I look around the garage, noice the scuba tanks, the jeep, the misc junk, nothing unsual, turn back to them and say "Is what real"

They look at each other, then one says "that b-b-b-body".

I look over, and notice the wife's drysuit, hanging on the drying rack we have for them, and start laughing.. then explain what a drysuit is.

From their perspective, its a headless, handless body, hanging upside down from the ceiling of the garage.

Ahhhahahaahahaha.

Thats a great one! I bet that scared them silly. :)

You could have created a local myth right then and there with the proper response I bet.

Wow....I love it! Kids always have a different perspective of the world and how things work. My son when he was four told me he couldn't wait to get a car so he could drive up and get cash out of the ATM....I wish it was that simple :wink:

I’m jus posting to bring this up on New Posts.
04.gif

Back
Top Bottom