Personalized diving on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdiane

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son and I had a great time diving Oahu with Gabe Scotti of Kaimana divers. We were on Oahu for four days but only got to dive two days since we were with non-diving family members. Gabe made those two days very worthwhile. I found him from the link in his signature line on Scubaboard. He replied promptly to my e-mail, asked questions about our skill level and goals then helped us plan dives based on our comfort level. Gabe doesn't have his own boat so we were a little at the mercy of the boat capitans. The first day we dove out of Kewalo basin on a rather crowded boat. Gabe did a good job of keeping us out of the cluster on the boat and on the Sea Tiger. It was a great dive. My son is a new diver and Gabe kept a close eye on his skills and air consumption. The second dive of the day was horseshoe reef. Again Gabe did a good job of getting us in the water before the rest of the crowd so we could get away from the cluster.
The second day of diving was even better! We met at Hawaii Kai and were the only customers on the boat. The boat could use a little work but the crew and diving was great. We headed out to the Corsair first (my son's request) Had a very nice dive with lots of time to explore the wreck. The visibility was fantastic. An eagle ray showed up to entertain us on the safety stop. We had to chnage plans for the second dive a couple of times because the seas were getting rough. We headed to the first planned site and Gabe called that one without even getting in the water. Headed for plan B and went down for about 3 minutes before calling it and heading back to the boat to cruise out to plan C (Smitty's Reef) The visibilty there was good and we had a very nice last dive of the year. I really appreciated Gabe's willingness to change sites until we found something with decent visibility. I have dove with many operations in the past that would have just dove the first spot in the interest of "get them, get them out". Having an operation that went out of the way to make our dives the best possible was really super.

Wow.... Thanks for such a great write up guys!

It really was my pleasure taking you both out diving. Thanks again for choosing to dive with me. Our 4 dives were indeed great and I was stoked you guys had so much fun. Please don't hesitate to drop me a line when you plan your next dive adventure!

Mahalo Nui,

Gabe @ Kaimana Divers

Glad to hear you enjoy the Oahu diving. While the viz has been down that didn't stop us from seeing a large pod of dolphins out with Gabe on Sunday!

whats really cool here is the fact that gabe was quick to call the dive in the face of bad conditions. twice, and the boat captain was understanding enough to head to a better location.dont get much better than that. nice job gabe i dont know you personlally but thats what improves the overall diving reputation of hawaii as a whole. and you will enjoy new customers on that note alone.

yeah i was looking at the pic closer.lol sorry. all i can say is nice job man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom