performance Dive Catalog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barnacle B

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Performance was a company based out of North Carolina I believe. Thay had a cycling catalog and a dive gear catalog. Anyone know what happen to this company?

The associated Performance Diver business operation was bought out by someone else around 2002 or 2003 IIRC, and the company that bought out Performance Diver either folded or was bought out themselves I think.

Well, look what some Googling brought to light.

Performance Diver - home

I'm not sure it's the same company - all their pressure gauges seem to be set up for bar instead of psig, and there aren't any wet suits listed on the site - something that had always been one of their hallmarks. I hadn't seen one of their mail order catalogs since 2002 or 2003 and thought they had been bought out - but maybe it was they bought someone else out? They were one of the early mail order scuba equipment companies I recall.

Edit - Here it is - they were bought out by Divers Direct in 2002. I thought the other site was a bit weird since there was no 'contact us' link on that web page.

http://directmag.com/news/marketing_divers_direct_acquires_2/

Last edited:
I have a wetsuit from Performance. Always found their stuff to be pretty good and prices were good.

Back
Top Bottom