Question Perdix Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He was a young man who asked the dive center what DC would be good. The dive center was telling divers to buy the Suunto Vyper or Zoop as they were good for recreational divers with limited experience. So you get this quite often dive centers promoting cheaper DC's for newly certified divers.
Yeah. That’s about what I suspected, and is unfortunate. It’s tough as there are a lot of choices, but it’s not something you can really try out in most cases.

Many years ago, I bought an Oceanic VT4.1. It actually came with a free enrollment in an online course. That allowed you to learn the settings and functions of the computer. Not necessarily a game changer, but it was helpful.

It sounds like now that he knows how computers work and won't be blowing through deco stops, it shouldn't really be a factor anymore anyways?
Or, he may feel like the punishment was a bit harsh, and he would look at other brands in the future. I don’t know the answer, but both are possible.

There are two very different approaches that dive computer manufacturers take. Some feel their customers are adults capable of making informed decisions when provided with appropiate information, others feel their divers are immature and incapable of making informed decisions. They are probably both right.

One thing, though regarding not being able to download during a lockout. That just seems like a bad idea. In the case of a legitimate violation resulting in a chamber ride, I would think that the information contained in that computer would be useful for treatment. Not allowing access to that information for 48 hours seems like a bad idea to me.

In the case of a legitimate violation resulting in a chamber ride, I would think that the information contained in that computer would be useful for treatment. Not allowing access to that information for 48 hours seems like a bad idea to me.
Would they, though? Serious question that I have often wondered.

Would the medical professionals have the capabilities to download the dive log for every dive computer that is available?

Would they really base treatment on what was in the computer or simply put the diver in the chamber and monitor the signs?

Would they, though? Serious question that I have often wondered.

Would the medical professionals have the capabilities to download the dive log for every dive computer that is available?

Would they really base treatment on what was in the computer or simply put the diver in the chamber and monitor the signs?
I can only answer based on my limited experience. I’ve only been on one dive where another diver ended up in the chamber. They asked for the computer. I don’t believe they downloaded the data, but I do know that the computer was provided.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom