PERDIX or PERDIX AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously. It tells you where the pressure is. If you don’t see anything, it’s not low.

There’s no “good” message.

I don't want to start the same old argument again. On the other hand, why not? C'mon, Stuart, we can do this one more time!

If you read any of the many, many threads on this topic, you always find a number of people (myself included) who have had significant problems with the reliability of hoseless AI. And since it's an Internet forum, people respond to those posts, saying that they have never had a problem with their HAI.

There is a statistical problem with using that discussion to decide the issue. If - for example - HAI failed in 10% of all units shipped, that would be horrible, completely unacceptable for use in diving, especially without a redundant SPG. Yet even in that situation, you would still have 90% of the people using it (thousands of divers) swearing online that it has been completely reliable.

So in summary: Lots of people saying they work? Nice but statistically meaningless. A number of people saying that they don't? Raises concerns.

You fail to mention the elephant in the room. If your computer malfunctions and you no longer have A.I. you call the dive. But if you have a non A.I. computer that fails guess what, you CALL THE DIVE.

So whats the real agenda. You dont like A.I. and are on a soapbox. Just say that to make it simple. A.I. is not more dangerous. A.I. is easier to work with , gets rid of a hose so more compact and streamlined, is easier to quickly read....your console isnt hanging its tucked away for streamlining. A.I. perdix is in front of your face.

cool beans no problemo. Please show where perdix A.I. is less than stellar.

Btw, stuart said his computer said "good", not that it said nothing lol
Maybe by “good” he meant “not low” ?

It’s possible you can check TX module battery status in the system settings or where you configure the TX serial number.

I’d have to RTFM to be sure but I’ll let you RTFM instead.

Wow. This looks like a great piece of information. Now i know better, thanks!
scubatoys ( a large sales store like leisurepro) did a video years ago the hp line cut and it lasted over a half hour and a lp hose adn it was over in minutes.

here it is

You fail to mention the elephant in the room. If your computer malfunctions and you no longer have A.I. you call the dive. But if you have a non A.I. computer that fails guess what, you CALL THE DIVE.

Don't know about elephants, but I agree with this statement, you would call the dive if you lost your ability to track N2 loading (computer) or remaining tank pressure (SPG, AI computer or wireless AI computer). Did someone say otherwise? I also don't understand what it has to do with my post on the zombie thread about the statistical significance of posts from divers claiming that their WAI always works.

So whats the real agenda. You dont like A.I. and are on a soapbox. Just say that to make it simple.

I don't like AI.

Just say that to make it simple. A.I. is not more dangerous. A.I. is easier to work with , gets rid of a hose so more compact and streamlined, is easier to quickly read....your console isnt hanging its tucked away for streamlining. A.I. perdix is in front of your face.

I didn't say that it was dangerous, and I didn't say that it didn't have advantages. Again, not sure where you got that from.

Please show where perdix A.I. is less than stellar.

Not sure about the Perdix WAI as compared to other WAI computers - Shearwater has a reputation for quality, far more than the last WAI computer that I used (Suunto). And I don't have a study to back this up. But my impression from reading many many posts here about WAI link failures over the years leads me to prefer to use a standard SPG for OC diving. Yes, an SPG can also fail.

Failure of an SPG or WAI should never be dangerous, if you are a situationally aware diver. But it can be inconvenient by requiring you to end a dive early, and to end a dive vacation if you can't get a replacement.

So whats the real agenda. You dont like A.I. and are on a soapbox. Just say that to make it simple. A.I. is not more dangerous. A.I. is easier to work with , gets rid of a hose so more compact and streamlined, is easier to quickly read....your console isnt hanging its tucked away for streamlining. A.I. perdix is in front of your face.

cool beans no problemo. Please show where perdix A.I. is less than stellar.
I'd say it's a misconception is that if the computer loses the transmitter's signal you need to call the dive immediately. I've had my dc lose contact with my transmitter many times. It always reconnects a couple seconds later. It's innocuous enough that I disabled the associated alarm. I'm using a scuapro Galileo, but I ass-u-me there are no features (like the reconnect) which scubapro has but shearwater lacks.

I later changed to a higher voltage battery which has resolved that intermittent disconnect problem.

Back
Top Bottom