Closed Perdix AI

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, there should be some sort of rule against critiquing another person's ads.
A guy posts an ad, you don't like the price for whatever reason, don't complain. Move on. You want to bargain, pm the seller. Don't hijack the ad.

So same applies to any Shearwater under 2 years old yeah?
It is a two-year warranty on the device, and moves with the device if sold to another owner.

A guy posts an ad, you don't like the price for whatever reason, don't complain. Move on. You want to bargain, pm the seller. Don't hijack the ad.

You have every right to your opinion.
That and a couple of bucks will get you coffee most places (not Starbucks though)

There is no rule against it, but it is certainly rude. It is hard to fix rude.

There is no rule against it, but it is certainly rude. It is hard to fix rude.

I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, if you're not interested then best just move along. On the other hand, we tend to look out for fellow divers and I can see one wanting to make sure some new diver doesn't get suckered without knowing what they are doing. I guess for me it's a matter of degree. I would not have called out an asking price that included additional accessories and was still less than new price. On the other hand, I'd likely speak up if someone was trying to hook a sucker with a heavily used item for more than the new price.

I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, if you're not interested then best just move along. On the other hand, we tend to look out for fellow divers and I can see one wanting to make sure some new diver doesn't get suckered without knowing what they are doing. I guess for me it's a matter of degree. I would not have called out an asking price that included additional accessories and was still less than new price. On the other hand, I'd likely speak up if someone was trying to hook a sucker with a heavily used item for more than the new price.
What I've done in the past if a price seemed out of line was to PM the seller and suggest the price might be high because of X. If they clearly are out to gouge, then your public statement seems reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom