Closed Perdix AI

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I've done in the past if a price seemed out of line was to PM the seller and suggest the price might be high because of X. If they clearly are out to gouge, then your public statement seems reasonable.

Good idea. In this case I don't see someone blowing in and trying to hook a sucker. Shearwaters hold their value very well.

I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, if you're not interested then best just move along. On the other hand, we tend to look out for fellow divers and I can see one wanting to make sure some new diver doesn't get suckered without knowing what they are doing. I guess for me it's a matter of degree. I would not have called out an asking price that included additional accessories and was still less than new price. On the other hand, I'd likely speak up if someone was trying to hook a sucker with a heavily used item for more than the new price.

maybe a stickied thread with advice for new divers about used gear (eg what to look for, how to determine if a price is fair, and possible hidden costs) might be useful. it certainly does come up often enough.

maybe a stickied thread with advice for new divers about used gear (eg what to look for, how to determine if a price is fair, and possible hidden costs) might be useful. it certainly does come up often enough.

I'll bet most new members don't read the sticky threads.

I have mixed feelings about that. On the other hand, I'd likely speak up if someone was trying to hook a sucker with a heavily used item for more than the new price.

Seems reasonable, but I find it hard to believe anyone, experienced or inexperienced, would look at a used item and not look up the new price for comparison?

Rude or not rude is a matter of opinion, and no one persons opinion makes anything a "certainty".

My original post in this thread didn't even call him out in terms of saying the price was inflated. What I said was that "I" could not/would not get close to paying that price.

Many times I have seen others call out people in here call out others on prices they were asking in much more forceful ways, and I don't recall anyone ever calling THEM rude. Sometimes the OP defended the price with more information, and other times they realized they might be too high and dropped the price.

I don't have a history of being rude in here, and I don't think I was in this case. If anyone has a problem with that it is their problem not mine and if they think this is a good price for the item offered maybe they should just step up and buy the thing instead of casting aspersions on other posters. Now casting aspersions on other posters as some have done in this thread, in my opinion THAT is rude. If you don't buy it, apparently you don't think it is a real good price.

As far as PM'ing someone, I tend to say what I have to say in public. I have no reason to hide what I have to say or any questions I may ask.

So, have a good day and take your opinions and your two bucks and go have a cup of coffee.

Rude or not rude is a matter of opinion, and no one persons opinion makes anything a "certainty".

My original post in this thread didn't even call him out in terms of saying the price was inflated. What I said was that "I" could not/would not get close to paying that price.

Many times I have seen others call out people in here call out others on prices they were asking in much more forceful ways, and I don't recall anyone ever calling THEM rude. Sometimes the OP defended the price with more information, and other times they realized they might be too high and dropped the price.

I don't have a history of being rude in here, and I don't think I was in this case. If anyone has a problem with that it is their problem not mine and if they think this is a good price for the item offered maybe they should just step up and buy the thing instead of casting aspersions on other posters. Now casting aspersions on other posters as some have done in this thread, in my opinion THAT is rude. If you don't buy it, apparently you don't think it is a real good price.

As far as PM'ing someone, I tend to say what I have to say in public. I have no reason to hide what I have to say or any questions I may ask.

So, have a good day and take your opinions and your two bucks and go have a cup of coffee.
I'm sorry you took my comment personally. I was not responding to you. I was responding to the concept of criticizing someone's FS post. Chill.

Guru Boy, The Perdix is an excellent computer and yours appears to be in excellent condition. That being said, you don't show the screen turned on, so how many dives does it have on it? Are you including the transmitter? Knowing that information can help a potential buyer make his decision.

Guru Boy, The Perdix is an excellent computer and yours appears to be in excellent condition. That being said, you don't show the screen turned on, so how many dives does it have on it? Are you including the transmitter? Knowing that information can help a potential buyer make his decision.

The first picture shows the screen displaying the boot logo.

It has around 6 hours of dive time on it. I can get the exact number if it really matters.

Transmitter is not included. I can add a used one for $200.

The first picture shows the screen displaying the boot logo.

It has around 4 hours of dive time on it. I can get the exact number if it really matters.

Transmitter is not included. I can add a used one for $200.

I have my own Perdix but adding useful information may help you sell it faster.

$890

64B29453-874A-431E-B857-147B3FBD9AFB.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom