Perdix AI showing depth 0.0m when still below surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divectionist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi

On the last dive of the day I noticed that the depth reading on my computer was already at 0.0m when I was still more than 1.5m below the surface with my head, and at least 2m below at raised wrist level.

Dive was in calm ocean water and the computer is set to salt. Reading was taken on a very slow ascent from the safety stop.

I assume the sensors would be calibrated to EN13319 accuracy. Does anyone else get similar results in practice? Is it a shallow phenomenon with a reduced error at depth?

Thank you

i get this all the time when shallow diving <1.5m

I find that physically lowering your arm usually jolts the computer into noticing you are still underwater.

..and more importantly does it count as a dive?

Don't have a Perdix, but most computers I've used consider the dive over when you reach about 4'-5' unless you again submerge to the trigger depth within a set time. My guess is that is what you are seeing.

Back
Top Bottom