Perdix 2, Petrel 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my question is what's the difference between the perdix 2 and the petrel 3 without ccr connection, besides form factor.

my question is what's the difference between the perdix 2 and the petrel 3 without ccr connection, besides form factor.
Physical size and now tactic feedback.

looks like they updated the screen too, probably more akin to the brightness of the teric screen, which would make the perdix a much more visible computer.

looks like they updated the screen too, probably more akin to the brightness of the teric screen, which would make the perdix a much more visible computer.
I thought the petrel screen was updated not the perdix.

Shocked to see the news. My takeaways:

The Petrel 3, wow vibration. It was negligent that the prior models lacked it. Hammerheads had it how long ago? I guess better late than never but took WAY too long.

More pressure transponders is cool, do their in house transponders provide a greater distance? That seems like mostly a software update for the most part. Not worthy of a price increase.

LCD swap out, whatever.

I still think the Perdix 1 looks better than the newer one, but that is my opinion.

Fischer... I know the plugs are expensive, why not make your own? The analog to digital converters are dirt cheap. Should have opened the door for CANBUS for all. Electricity is hard underwater? Use a plastic fiber and do comms down it optically.

Bummer that the prices went up and not down. It's an older platform at this point. Their support is top notch though.

Should of had audible and vibration since day one.

Cool, but it's targeted at a pretty thin market, tech divers using multiple gas mixtures that demand AI. I wonder how big that market really is
Chances are it will now be bigger.

Yeah I have tried and failed to figure out what is new about it other than the cosmetic stuff. They don't seem to have a side-by-side comparison chart of the Perdix 1 vs 2 which makes me suspect there's not much new.

I'm still waiting for the Peregrine to get AI...I don't need all the tech functionality of the Perdix/Teric but I do want AI - would be nice to be able to get that without paying for a bunch of features I will never use.

Is the Perdix 1 discontinued now? Looks like shearwater has already pulled it off their site.

Perhaps I’m a bit cynical but this feels like a cash grab, especially since it doesn’t even get the spiffy new amoled display.

The titanium bezel isn’t necessary, they just needed something to justify the ~$100 USD price hike.

Back
Top Bottom