Closed Perdix 2, new unused in box

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For all of the naysayers, if fraudulent purchases and sales of dive computers weren’t something to worry about, why does DGX have this warning on their website now?

View attachment 736621

The "To protect yourself, prudent divers should only purchase directly from a reputable dive equipment retailer," part? Did I miss the "unless the seller shows a picture of the unit turned on displaying the serial number on a scubaboard posting," part at the end of their sentence? No? I didn't? Because that wasn't part of it?

But the question posed is "Why does DGX have this warning"?

Um.

Because they're a reputable dive equipment retailer. And of course a reputable dive equipment retailer would recommend only buying from a reputable dive equipment retailer.

Because they have new equipment to sell. That's the "follow the money" part of my professional outlook.
They don't benefit from folks making second-hand transactions.

But the "why does DGX have this warning" if the money is to be followed, I speculate: somebody probably bought a few Shearwaters from a "reputable dive equipment retailer" using a stolen/bogus credit card number; the "reputable dive equipment retailer" shipped the computers to the thief; the legitimate card holder told the credit card bank "I never purchased thousands of dollars of dive computers from "reputable dive equipment retailer"; the credit card bank reversed the charges; and the "reputable dive equipment retailer" took the back charge right in the pooper.

(full disclosure - I really LIKE DGX and buy a $#!+ ton of stuff from them. But probably 90% of the bigger, more expensive stuff I got - like tanks and regulators - I got secondhand online: here, eBay and Craigslisp... Reuse and recycle and all that! Save the oceans! Save landfill space! Save a butt-ton of money!)

<<< BREAK >>>

Not impressed by do-nothingness like chasing every Shearwater listing with the silly "you must post the serial number!" crud. I'm still waiting for somebody to direct us all to the master list of stolen computer serial numbers. It is only at that point that any of that "activity" would even start to make sense in relation to the purported concern.

Whenever I see that I want to yell "WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE WITH A SERIAL NUMBER SOMEBODY HAS POSTED?" I'm suspecting the answer would approach 100% of "nothing".

<<< BREAK >>>

Oh, buy Bob's stuff. I've bought stuff from him before. He's a good guy.

OMMOHY

This got busy while I was working, damn.

Yes, I'll ship international.

Anyone that asked for anything additional has received it.

I'm really just digging in now and not posting the serial number. Plus I'd have to remove the cover that has never been touched by human hands. And install a battery.... Personally I'd prefer an unmolested unit.

Sidenote: if you're worried about a scam then you don't need to buy... If you're not interested in buying it then why worry about a scam.

Thanks again for the support.

Can't wait to see what happens when I post pictures of the brand new Faber LP 50s I have for sale when they aren't even in stock at Kaplan..
. Heads will explode!!

Bob

Lots of threads go sideways here but this gets the Gold medal thus far this year.

I'm seeing my friend tomorrow, I'll ask him. I'll let you know either way. Cheers.

Just received my Perdix 2 from Bob. Perfect transaction in every way. Great to do business with.

Attachments

• Perdix.jpg
    Perdix.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 43
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom