Closed Perdix 2, new unused in box

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To make sure it’s not stolen - there were threads about scams not that long ago.

On the surface, “I received an extra one” and will sell if for $125 less than cost (not counting tax) instead of returning to where you bought for a refund can seem a little sketchy - so buyers want to make sure it’s legit.

EDIT - it might be best to tell the long story as it's a good deal but the explanation of "need to sell it" raises two questions:

• As above, why sell at a loss vs just getting a refund?
  • How do you get an "extra" one and not realize you were charged an extra $1,100 plus at the time of purchase?
To be fair I had something similar happen to me but it was the GoPro 10. I live in Colombia but my parents are in VA. I bought a GoPro and had it delivered there and made sure they kept it for me until a cousin of mine travelled to Colombia.

When I got it I could tell something was off. The case was missing and the SD card was not packaged by GoPro. Turns out that my mom received the GP but lost it and instead of telling me she bought me another one but with out the case and extra batteries. A few months I went home to visit and the original one I bought popped up. So of course I sold it. The guy that bought it was a cop and admitted to me that he didn't pull the trigger on the purchase till he checked me out on FB; the pictures of me in uniform put him at ease and he didn't even want to test it out in the parking lot.

To be fair I had something similar happen to me but it was the GoPro 10. I live in Colombia but my parents are in VA. I bought a GoPro and had it delivered there and made sure they kept it for me until a cousin of mine travelled to Colombia.

When I got it I could tell something was off. The case was missing and the SD card was not packaged by GoPro. Turns out that my mom received the GP but lost it and instead of telling me she bought me another one but with out the case and extra batteries. A few months I went home to visit and the original one I bought popped up. So of course I sold it. The guy that bought it was a cop and admitted to me that he didn't pull the trigger on the purchase till he checked me out on FB; the pictures of me in uniform put him at ease and he didn't even want to test it out in the parking lot.
Thx - amazing how a brief explanation can resolve concerns. It’s not hard…

Turns out that my mom received the GP but lost it and instead of telling me she bought me another one but with out the case and extra batteries.

That’s sub-standard performance. I’m assuming you counseled your Mom in writing and provided corrective training.

That’s sub-standard performance. I’m assuming you counseled your Mom in writing and provided corrective training.
I was in the Army so of course I gave her a counseling statement.

Have bought from Bob before. Ignore the naysayers.

Pictures of a serial number only prove the unit turns on.... Does not prove anything re: ownership. That horsemeat got tenderized months back. Some folks like drama.

OMMOHY

This is interesting. I thought the reason for requesting additional photos, specifically SN photos in the case of computers, was due to the hackers who were “selling” things by stealing photos from other classifieds or media sources. If they couldn’t produce the asked for photos, there was good reason to suspect fraud and that the particular member had been hacked.

Have bought from Bob before. Ignore the naysayers.

Pictures of a serial number only prove the unit turns on.... Does not prove anything re: ownership. That horsemeat got tenderized months back. Some folks like drama.

OMMOHY

Pretty sure if I call a company and give them a serial number they can say that was reported by our shop as stolen.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about Bob, but accounts get hacked as we saw a few months back when we'll respecected members were selling things only for the buyers to find out the account was hacked.

This is interesting. I thought the reason for requesting additional photos, specifically SN photos in the case of computers, was due to the hackers who were “selling” things by stealing photos from other classifieds or media sources. If they couldn’t produce the asked for photos, there was good reason to suspect fraud and that the particular member had been hacked.

Never even crossed my mind. Thanks for educating me. Guess I'd be easy to scam. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom