Percentage of divers who go beyond openwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RD was my most recent card...two years ago. I’m pretty much done unless I decide to work in retirement as a DM....or I just may Dive.

I believe RD should be taken by all divers and RD should be offered before AOW imho.

Son of a gun !
@scubadada

Hi @Sam Miller III

I've been diving since 1970, guess I'm one of the exceptions too :)

Very best, Craig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Craig
Recall our PM -- I was a friend of your basic instructor oh so many years ago

You have been diving almost as long as our own @drbill who had t wait for God to fill up the Ocean for him to dive.

Yes there are exceptions you and @drbill are examples
so is @captain whom I have known for many years

SDM. 111

I had to do 5 courses + 25 dives beyond OW to get AOW, then another 100 dives to be able to take solo. I probably wouldn't have taken any past OW (just practiced, practiced, practiced) but I wanted the solo card.

I had to do 5 courses + 25 dives beyond OW to get AOW, then another 100 dives to be able to take solo. I probably wouldn't have taken any past OW (just practiced, practiced, practiced) but I wanted the solo card.
You do know you can dive solo without a card, right?

Granted some like @drbill @Akimbo @David Wilson, @boulderjohn and a few others have so much money and time invested that they are the exception and will be around forever--
If I were not diving as much as I do, I would have enough money to dive as much as I do. Because I dive as much as I do, I don't have the money for it and am habitually broke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom