Pensacola Pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
I called the guy who's running the ferry service to ft pickens and he will take divers.

He will either drop you at one of the piers or will get close in and drop you close to the jetties he said, then return at whatever time to pick you up.

Can you post that number, I might have to put that to use.

Not only is it divable I have heard it is a great little dive site. I have not dove it so I can't give you any particulars, but you can get some info from mbt's website www.mbtdivers.com or call them for more info on the dive. I have heard that you need to dive it around high slack tide as well due to its close proximity to the pass.

wjefferis:
Can you post that number, I might have to put that to use.

The Katelyn ferry service will also transport passengers to Ft. Pickens. Call (850) 934-8037 for reservations.

I'd ask very specific questions about where you will be dropped off in relation to the jetties.

they have a website also, but it doesn't have any real info about the ferry on it. Just their charter operation.

http://www.captbubba.com/ (no I'm not kidding about the URL Name)

Thanks, I will call them tommorow and get some specifics and post the results. When I looked at their site it looked like they were a fishing charter only. But like I said I will try and get the scoop tommorow if I can remember to call.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yeah, I tried it in Destin once, got ripped off the rocks and shot down the channel with enough speed that I couldn't recognize what I was zipping over. I ascended in time to catch onto the southernmost jetties and rock climbed over them in full gear back to the beach.

Not my best moment :11doh:

I hope you properly disposed of your wetsuit. :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yes.

Fort Pickens jetties are quite a bit of fun. The storms over the past few years have destroyed the road to the fort, and also the jetties(and several other beachable shore dives).

There are some steel jetties on the Johnson Beach side of the pass. The road that goes down Johnson Beach stops well before you reach the point. You could walk, but it would be several miles. Obviously, if you have a boat, things are much easier.

I thought it was this thread but I guess not.. Was it you who posted a link to a webpage that would tell you the high tides for a given area? if it was, can you post it again?

snepdiver:

Hmm... I think I do like this one better.

The thing I don't like about www.saltwatertides.com is that you have to click too much crap to get to the final page you want, and then it's a dynamic page and only has 14 or 15 days max worth of tides. You can't look at an entire month.

I emailed them a while back and asked them for a static type URL to certain sites (such as Destin Jetties) so you didn't have to "click so much" to get to the page and they emailed back with a somewhat negative response that they had no intention of changing and that I would have to do it as we had. They also said they wouldn't change the max days to 30 days. (I personally think this is stupid as you want to make a website user friendly as possible so people will come back and increase your advertising hits, but oh well.)

thanks for the other new site now :D

Back
Top Bottom