Pensacola diving advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrneglet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello there - I'm going to be down in Pensacola in mid-December and want to get a couple dives in. Would appreciate advice on what's best that time of year - is it too rough to get out to the Oriskany, good dive charters, etc.? I'm a AOW with only cold water (Great Lakes), but am fine with dives down to 100'.
Likely there on Dec 10 PM, and Dec 11.

Winter diving is usually good with better vis. Water temps don't get too cold, ranging from the mid-50's inshore to 70+ offshore.

Call Bay Breeze Dive Center @ (850)934-8363
They will take good care of you and will run their boat if the weather is nice.
Plus they are the best Dive shop in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrneglet

Give me a call or drop me an email if you get a chance. December is a great time to dive Pensacola. If you dive the Lakes, this will be a piece of cake for you.
Conditions are affected by frontal passages, with 2-3 days of high wind and seas followed by 3-4 days of nice weather. Vis is better that summer, though both are typically good.
Dec 10-11 is open and available. Check the online calendar www.drdive.com/Calendar.htm for trips and availablity.
The "O" runs 84 - 120 and beyond, but can be dived well within rec limits.
We have a lot to offer. Come see us.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
Dr Dive Pensacola, FL - Home of the USS Oriskany
drdive@drdive.com

Looks like someone above edited EvenSplits post to make it seem as if an owner of MBT (An LDS in Pensacola) was recommending a different shop. Poor form and business ethics!!!

This is a private club forum hosted on ScubaBoard. The owner of the club has the ability to edit as they see fit. Its a HUGE forum and there are many places on it that are NOT controlled by clubs. You can always PM the OP the info you want them to have.

Interesting to say the least! We had an Oriskany experience with MBT that will preclude us from ever utilizing their services again.

No hetland, Jim knows he was posting in the club forum for another shop and did it for that very reason and gets what he deserves. You are coming here for what reason? Just like Barry to stick your nose in where it doesn't belong and cause problems.
Jim has done similar to me in the past when I hot linked to an image on his site for a spearfishing tourney we both were involved in so turn about is fair play as they say.

Delete the post then. It's not fair for someone to be allowed to come along and put false words into another poster's reply!

---------- Post Merged at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:09 PM ----------

No Barry, Jim the same to me a few years back and his posting here telling them to call his shop warranted that response. My ethics are fine.

---------- Post Merged at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Thanks pete and I will take your advice in your PM in the future. love the muscle man pose too LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom