Pensacola Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
I Really need some information on Pensecola Beach. The conditions between beach ball water towers and in particular 1400 block of Aerola Drive near the water tower going to Navarra. We usually stay at 1407 Aerola Dr. during the summer.

Thanks, any info appreciated.

Aside from all the surf cams being out, the area is pretty much under a lock down. Unless your a local who stayed behind when everyone else left, and somehow survived, there is going to be little information out of there.

It'll be a little while before they can get out there and really get some assessments, but they really got hammered. They are trying to shore up the 3 mile bridge to be able to get out to gulf breeze, but the bridge out to pensacola beach took some heavy damage. The only ones getting out there right now are boats.

There's a bunch of pictures on the Pensacola News Journal website... you might get lucky and recognize some stuff. http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/

I live in New Orleans and did not evacuate for Ivan. The pictures in those previous posts are just horrible and certainly has me second guessing my decision. I can't imagine my city having that devastation. I feel for everyone there, what an ordeal.

Thanks for the pictures.

Sarah and I were planning to get married at 908 Ariola Drive on Penascola Beach in November ... 12 Nov. to be exact.

At this point we're not sure what to do or how to even plan.

Looking at the pictures of 1400 block of Ariola Drive, it looks like the house we have rented every summer for 18 years is gone. Opal damaged it badly in '94 but the owner fixed it. Don't know if it's even fixable now.

Which of those pictures covers 908 Ariola? We've been down that way several times, but I'm having a hard time recognizing the house or finding it.

I keep somewhat hoping that I'm just missing the picture, because I haven't had time to see them all here at work.

I did see that Crabs looks like it survived - even if it may be a while before it re-opens.

I'm not sure about 908 Ariola Drive. The 1400 block is the last one going east near the beach ball water tower going to Navarra beach. 900 block should be 5 blocks east. There is a white cylindrical house with a fountain in front of it that survived with occupants. It was designed for 300 mph winds. It should be close to 900 block. The house is facing you in pictures 207, 208 and 209. 900 block may be a little further west. Might start from here and go up in picture number. In this series the photographer is flying towards Fort Pickins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom