Pensacola Area Shore Dive This Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:D Anybody interested in diving the Pensacola Beach or Whiskey Wreck in Gulf Shores this week? Weather looks just too good to work so thought diving would be a better choice, even if the water is a bit "extra refreshing."

I can be ready with a bit of advance warning. Am located on the Navy base RV park near HiWay 98. :chicken:

Surf is up today, possibly good for tomorrow just gotta see whether or not I'll be spending Tuesday out of town or not. Otherwise, Wed or Thurs is a possibility.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Surf is up today, possibly good for tomorrow just gotta see whether or not I'll be spending Tuesday out of town or not. Otherwise, Wed or Thurs is a possibility.

I can possibly do a Thursday dive but Tuesday is out for me. Let me know what y'all decide.

Weather for Tuesday looks pretty good with temp about 74 and clear. Thursday is calling for blustery winds with chance of thunderstorms.

How about Tuesday (about 10:00) at Whiskey Wreck. Will meet at MBT Divers at 9:30 (if you need tank fills) and will proceed from there. It will be on a rising tide if that matters. (Low tide about 7:00 a.m.)

I'm out for morning dives, only available for afternoon and night stuff. You guys have fun though. I went surfing today, waves were calming down by this afternoon and the water was pretty clear for the area. I'd be open for a dive Tues or Weds afternoon.

Oriskany Divemaster:
..I can rearrange my golf schedule if needed.

Life is rough, lol :mooner:

God help us, looks like I'll be navigating... Bugman, was the western part of the wreck directly west of the main part?

The western part is broken off from the eastern portion. Its(western portion) sitting at a east north east to west south west position. As soon as you leave the eastern portion, take a compass heading west southwest and you should run into it.

The biggest issue is the fact that there is some heavy steel or iron in the western side that really screws with the compass needle. Keep an eye on it and you'll see what I mean.

To find the main hulk of the wreck, head due south from the beach directly out from the Bahama Bob's sign. That part is atleast easy enough :)

Goodluck, looking forward to a report. Shinanigans and all.

SuPrBuGmAn:
The western part is broken off from the eastern portion. Its(western portion) sitting at a east north east to west south west position. As soon as you leave the eastern portion, take a compass heading west southwest and you should run into it.

The biggest issue is the fact that there is some heavy steel or iron in the western side that really screws with the compass needle. Keep an eye on it and you'll see what I mean.

To find the main hulk of the wreck, head due south from the beach directly out from the Bahama Bob's sign. That part is atleast easy enough :)

Goodluck, looking forward to a report. Shinanigans and all.

Thanks bud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom