Pelican Dive Charter "Planning Your Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PelicanII

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
PLANNING YOUR DIVE!

Think about this...

What do I want to accomplish during my dive? Scavenge for artifacts, view aquatic life, harvest a dinner size Taug, Flounder, Sea Bass or just enjoy the view. All of these are great options and can be achieved under the right circumstances.

In speaking with several of my fellow boat Captain's from North Carolina, West Palm Beach and Islamorada Florida over the winter we all agree that the most experienced divers tend to stay away from the crowds.

Dive Charters that move many divers (8+) tend to place allot of pressure on the dive site. This impacts visibility, aquatic life and the entire dive experience for each diver. More success and happier divers are gained through selecting the proper dive site based on the weather, sea conditions and currents from offshore and tides.

True, there is SAFETY in numbers and with 14 to 25 divers in the water at any one time there should be no problem finding a dive buddy, but that may be the only thing you find unless you're the first diver to splash.

Pelican Dive Charter moves 6 or less divers to the selected dive site. The Divemaster surveys the dive site and conducts a complete dive brief before anyone hits the water. All divers rotate off the boat in 5-10 minutes intervals to complete the dive THEY PLAN. Everyone enjoys a minimum surface interval of about 60-80 minutes to share their story, re-fuel and make recommendations for the next dive. This interval allows the site time to return to it's natural state with no additional pressure placed on it.

Your second dive provides an experience similar to your first dive for further exploration of the dive site or just an opportunity to get the one that got away.

Don't get me wrong, large dive boat provide a service that can't be replace and we certainly need them in the industry. Pelican Dive Charter caters to the experienced diver and at the same time provides one-on-one mentorship to the new and intermediate diver as well.

We look forward to meeting your 2010 diving needs.

Pelican Dive Charter is now on FACEBOOK, become a FAN and follow our 2010 dive season with updating of schedules, monthly specials and announcements.

Have a safe and exciting 2010 splash.

Thanks for posting this! As a fairly new diver...I did mostly quarry diving my first summer but I am planning on doing a few dives on the pelican this year! Hopefully my first coming the day after my bday in June (I've been hinting at the fiance, wife by then a LOT!) Looking foward to it! Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom