Peeing in your wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why, oh WHY did I have to grab my phone and Google "warhammer?" *face palm* I should know better.

For some reason I'm feeling very confession-ary today so I will share this: Last week in Cozumel I peed in a wetsuit for the very first time. My one mil Akona. And I don't think I'll ever do it again. I was totally obsessed from that moment on about whether anyone knew, if I'd flushed it well, etc.

Not worth it, in my opinion. :)

Reactions: Jax
My wife didn't nick-name my buddy "stinky" because of anything else... as for me - I can honestly say I haven't im my cold water gear - thank god I'm an air hog!!!!!! I will admit to stripping, and jumping back in with urgency. Caribbean dives are another story. Nothing better than leaving a stream to the "bitchy" person in the group behind me.....

Luckily for me I have a front zip wettie and don't mind unclipping and unzipping. Good practise for hovering :wink: But...the cold water flush when you unzip is a tad uncomfortable :(

Never done it. Even before I started diving I heard the moto about the: do or lie. Call me a liar, but it is very gross to do it.

What I do is the "preemptive pee", I always go to the boat bathroom right before entering in the water and usually I have to get out of the water asap for a second turn at the end of the dive.

Been doing it since I started racing in triathlons, not about to stop now! Jesus people, its just pee. Do you realize the amount of semi-solid fish waste and urine you swim in each time you go below?

Been doing it since I started racing in triathlons, not about to stop now! Jesus people, its just pee. Do you realize the amount of semi-solid fish waste and urine you swim in each time you go below?

Uhh...Isn't all that pretty darned diluted in the ocean? Pee in a wetsuit a wee bit less so.

Every Time I Dive! Why Not?!?! I rinse out my suit on the boat ride home, and it's gtg. As long as you don't let a pee soaked wetsuit sit and not get washed out, you're safe on the stink factor!

Interestingly enough, there is a section on wet suit peeing in the soon to be released "Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette," by yours truly and my wife Debbie. The bottom line- its ok to pee in your wetsuit when you are in the water, and stay in the water for 5 minutes thereafter. Rinse you wwet suit someplace other than the same tank that regulaters, bc's and masks are rinsed. And here is a not so secret secret- almost everyone pees in their wetsuit, owned or rented. ALso note that urine is sterile. Not necessarily pleasant, but sterile.
Divemaster Dennis

I've never peed in any wetsuit, rental or otherwise. I've never worn a rental suit except over my own wetsuits. I find the concept of peeing in wetsuits truly revolting and I just don't trust rentals to be clean enough to wear next to my skin..

I've only been diving for a year but I've been using wetsuits for about 20 now... peeing just isn't a necessity during... after diving, it is generally a particular necessity though, especially in cold water.

I can't believe the number of prissy little divers we have here.:D

Once you have a few kids in diapers, your figure out a little pee is not going to give you the cooties. Age will catch up with you and the option to hold it will be gone in a few years. For me, I would rather not bother with donning and doffing my w/s before and after every dive and wondering during the dive if I can hold it. More importantly being tempted to limit hydration so I don't offend the dainty divers at this risk of taking a hit is just plain stupid.

I do agree, peeing in a rental and leaving it for someone else to clean is rude, but that is a different topic.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom