Peeing in a semi-dry wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moonhowler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm getting back into diving after several decades and even retook an OW course. I also bought a Bare Reactive Full 5mm semi-dry suit. I had it down to 60' and 57 degrees and thought it was pretty comfortable, but I need to add a hood or something for a little more warmth. I think it's an excellent suit. But my real question is, do you pee in your semi-dry suits? I was disgusted at the end of my dives to find that it never washes out, and in fact moves to my booties! Are you just holding it? Or are you just living with it? I've never had a wet suit that I had this problem with before.

Well, I never pee in my suit.....

(You know the old joke, right?) LOL

I try not to pee in the suit if I can help it but if you gotta go, you gotta go. Bring jugs of hot water in a cooler to flush your suit between dives. Soak the suit in an active enzyme deodorizer (Sink the Stink, Lemon Grenaide etc) after the dive.

Well, I never pee in my suit.....

(You know the old joke, right?) LOL

I try not to pee in the suit if I can help it but if you gotta go, you gotta go. Bring jugs of hot water in a cooler to flush your suit between dives. Soak the suit in an active enzyme deodorizer (Sink the Stink, Lemon Grenade etc) after the dive.
That's a good idea. I was a bit embarrassed at the end of my OW dive. Everyone else had to wear loaner shorties and I was nice and comfy in my Full 5mm. But as I started to peal off my wetsuit I could smell myself so high tailed it down to the lake for the doffing and a good rinse. I was trying to surreptitiously rinse out my bathing suit without others noticing what I was doing! Haha.

That's a good idea. I was a bit embarrassed at the end of my OW dive. Everyone else had to wear loaner shorties and I was nice and comfy in my Full 5mm. But as I started to peal off my wetsuit I could smell myself so high tailed it down to the lake for the doffing and a good rinse. I was trying to surreptitiously rinse out my bathing suit without others noticing what I was doing! Haha.
Tell everyone you're just adding hot water to stay warm 😉

Pee valves are for dry suits. A semi dry is a wetsuit, despite the name. A custom wetsuit maker can install a pissette. Look it up...

I have the same suit, one of the best suits I have ever owned. I now use the Hollis 4/3mm semidry suit, it is better in terms of warmth and flexibility with two big pockets.

Don't worry about peeing in the suit, do it and be happy. Rinse the suit later just don't let the suit in the sun to dry before rinsing it, always rinse before it drys. There is always the "sink the stink" which I'd use every few days of diving if available. If not, like where I am now, I just rinse/soak the suit in nice smelling inexpensive shampoo occasionally.

I never hold my pee just because I am worried about the suit. When the urge comes, let it rip :)

I have the same suit, one of the best suits I have ever owned. I use now the Hollis 4/3mm semidry suit, it is better in terms of warmth and flexibility with two big pockets.

Don't worry about peeing in the suit, do it and be happy. Rinse the suit later just don't let the suit in the sun to dry before rinsing it, always rinse before it drys. There is always the "sink the stink" which I'd use every few days of diving if available. If not, like where I am now, I just rinse/soak the suit in nice smelling inexpensive shampoo occasionally.

I never hold my pee just because I am worried about the suit. When the urge comes, let it rip :)
It's not that I mind peeing in the suit. It's just yuch when I'm getting out of the lake and taking it off and having to rinse me and the suit before getting in the car, all compounded if the air temp is cold.

It's not that I mind peeing in the suit. It's just yuch when I'm getting out of the lake and taking it off and having to rinse me and the suit before getting in the car, all compounded if the air temp is cold.
One strategy is to over hydrate in moderation. You will pee copiously but it will essentially be water with less odor than normal pee.

Better than being dehydrated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom