pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it just me or do you all have the same problem with McMaster on Sunday nights? It appears their server is always down at this time.

CALI68:
Here's the parts numbers:

5012K83 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling, Socket For 3/8" Tube Id, 1/4" Coupler, Shut-Off 1 Each
This one went on the suit. It shuts off when disconnected so if the balance valve fails when I'm not using it, it won't flood.

5012K72 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling, Plug For 3/8"TUBE Id, 1/4" Coupler, Straight Thru 1 Each
This one goes on my side.

Here's the Web Site:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Dan Gibson:
Is it just me or do you all have the same problem with McMaster on Sunday nights? It appears their server is always down at this time.

That's weird. It's working fine for me.

CALI68:
That's weird. It's working fine for me.

I swear to god, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or a jerk, but, after reading the descriptions of guys who use pee-valves, I've just got to wonder why in the name of god you guys use those things. Tape? Tearing? (shudders) Are all you Instructors or divemasters that work with classes all day? Or are you mostly tech guys with long deco periods?

Is there anyone out there who, like me, that rarely has a dive go over 45 minutes that actually uses pee-valves? Personally, a quick trip to the head before entering the water is usually enough to tide me over.

I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'm just trying to imagine the logistics of trying to roll on a condom on a dive boat with a bunch of my buddies...

And now I know.
So cool, I wondered, never got around to asking,
and now seem to have a pretty good idea of what
is entailed to keep me comfortable for long stretches
of time.
I love ScubaBoard!!!!

Tom

Your right Corey, for stardard open curcuit diving, a pee valve usually isn't worth the trouble. However; for ongoing water operations (i.e. on top or shallow dives for more than 2 hours) and closed circuit rebreather with bottom times excedding 2 hours, it's mandatory.

Sorry I didn't get the "joke" earlier and thanks for the info. I'll see if it will hook up to the Halcyon valve when it gets here.

Ok, I didn't get to do the Hef job, just heard about it, but I did do a softdrink commercial where I has a tender for a model underwater in a mermaid outfit. Before we were ready to shoot I would hold her to keep her stabilized in her costume and supply her with air. When the camera was rolling I would gently let her go and at the last minute I would remove the reg and hide behind some scenery next to her. Then sit there and watch that her eyes didn't get too big waiting for the end of the shot. Being responsible for her safety made her much more approachable and she actually talked with me when the shoot was done. Alas, she had a boyfriend, some kind of fighter pilot or something . . .

Anyhow, I will report my findings when I get the new setup working. Once I find a condom that will stay attached that I like, I believe it's only a matter of finding the proper releasing agent for the adhesive. Soap and water, alchol, WD-40, Jack Daniels

Cheers!

gripdiver:
Your right Corey, for stardard open curcuit diving, a pee valve usually isn't worth the trouble. However; for ongoing water operations (i.e. on top or shallow dives for more than 2 hours) and closed circuit rebreather with bottom times excedding 2 hours, it's mandatory.

Sorry I didn't get the "joke" earlier and thanks for the info. I'll see if it will hook up to the Halcyon valve when it gets here.

Ok, I didn't get to do the Hef job, just heard about it, but I did do a softdrink commercial where I has a tender for a model underwater in a mermaid outfit. Before we were ready to shoot I would hold her to keep her stabilized in her costume and supply her with air. When the camera was rolling I would gently let her go and at the last minute I would remove the reg and hide behind some scenery next to her. Then sit there and watch that her eyes didn't get too big waiting for the end of the shot. Being responsible for her safety made her much more approachable and she actually talked with me when the shoot was done. Alas, she had a boyfriend, some kind of fighter pilot or something . . .

Anyhow, I will report my findings when I get the new setup working. Once I find a condom that will stay attached that I like, I believe it's only a matter of finding the proper releasing agent for the adhesive. Soap and water, alchol, WD-40, Jack Daniels

Cheers!

That's the one I have. The Halcyon/Extreme Exposure Balanced Discharge Valve.

Cool story...keep 'em coming.

>>>>That's the one I have. The Halcyon/Extreme Exposure Balanced Discharge Valve.

Oooh, sweet! I didn't realize you had the same valve.

I'll order parts today.

Thanks!

gripdiver:
>>>>That's the one I have. The Halcyon/Extreme Exposure Balanced Discharge Valve.

Oooh, sweet! I didn't realize you had the same valve.

I'll order parts today.

Thanks!

Here's how it plays out.

The Jack Daniels will probably work equally well topically or ingested.

coreypenrose:
I swear to god, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or a jerk, but, after reading the descriptions of guys who use pee-valves, I've just got to wonder why in the name of god you guys use those things. Tape? Tearing? (shudders) Are all you Instructors or divemasters that work with classes all day? Or are you mostly tech guys with long deco periods?

Is there anyone out there who, like me, that rarely has a dive go over 45 minutes that actually uses pee-valves? Personally, a quick trip to the head before entering the water is usually enough to tide me over.

I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'm just trying to imagine the logistics of trying to roll on a condom on a dive boat with a bunch of my buddies...

I haven't ponied up to put a hole in a suit I don't really like yet, but there have been several times I wish I had a pee-valve. Shore dives in cold weather where you don't want to take off the DS.. but especially on boats. I'd much much rather hopping into the water and lettin' her flow while everyone else gears up instead of taking off half the DS and hanging on the transom, trying to simultaneously not fall out and not pee into my suit.

Oh yeah, shore dives in very public places without bathrooms too. I didn't like having to crawl into the lone pine tree at the Gaskin site so the people in the apartment building next to the site couldn't see me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom