pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could also if you did not want to peel off the freedom cath,, Use a Foley cath If your real good at putting one in like me there is no pain involved, well after some scotch, or jack daniles. Any dive over a few hours i use a foley cath inserted into the male unit

Rubberfirefighter:
You could also if you did not want to peel off the freedom cath,, Use a Foley cath If your real good at putting one in like me there is no pain involved, well after some scotch, or jack daniles. Any dive over a few hours i use a foley cath inserted into the male unit

NO THANK YOU. OUCH, is the only thing that comes to mind when you talk about something going into my unit. I'll stick with the condom cath and a little pain getting it off me.

Rubberfirefighter:

Oh dear God! I just broke a sweat and cringed when I read that. Unless I'm pretty damned infirmed that is a one way street.

I never knew about these adhesive removal pads. Can someone elaborate on the use? Taking off the adhesive cath just plain sucks!

I hate the Freedom Caths - they just don't stay on with any degree of confidence for me. The Wide Bands are definitely a stickier proposition.

I just leave them on until the end of the day, and take them off in the shower. Warm, hot, soapy water beats trying to take it off on a dive boat anyday.

What about the Ultraflex? Are those any good?

Well, I've wanted a valve in my drysuit for a while but was scared off by the word Catheter. However: from piecing together bits of info from here and elsewhere, I finally figured it out and am on my way for comprehensive testing.

Soon I should have 8 different Catheter condoms ordered on-line and will report my findings as to size, fit, adhesion, and removal.

For anyone "Not in the Know", there is No Insertion for drainage. Only a condom that is attached with an adhesive bandwith and a spout on the tip that connects to the pee-valve .

More to follow . . .

gripdiver:
Well, I've wanted a valve in my drysuit for a while but was scared off by the word Catheter. However: from piecing together bits of info from here and elsewhere, I finally figured it out and am on my way for comprehensive testing.

Soon I should have 8 different Catheter condoms ordered on-line and will report my findings as to size, fit, adhesion, and removal.

For anyone "Not in the Know", there is No Insertion for drainage. Only a condom that is attached with an adhesive bandwith and a spout on the tip that connects to the pee-valve .

More to follow . . .

Yea and then you can be really cool and get a quick disconnect on there!

Well, it's not really a question about trying to be cool.

When I'm working and I'm in the water for over 2 hours at a stretch the ability to avoid serious kidney damage is important. Especially in ocean work where getting back to, and on the boat is a hassle. Working while diving requires more liquid consumption to stay hydrated, so more in equals more out. When we were retrieving cars for the last feature that I was on, we spent alot of time in the water and not being able to relieve myself quickly and easily was a real drag. It's not all models in Hef's pool . . .

gripdiver:
Well, it's not really a question about trying to be cool.

Yea, duh. I was kidding. That's what we call a joke here at Scubaboard. :) In case you haven't seen 'em, you can install a quick disconnect between the Dry Suit and the Cath. Very cool and very convenient. Mc Master sells the parts for about $8 or so.

...but forget about that and tell us more about Hef's Pool!
:eyebrow:

Here's the parts numbers:

5012K83 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling, Socket For 3/8" Tube Id, 1/4" Coupler, Shut-Off 1 Each
This one went on the suit. It shuts off when disconnected so if the balance valve fails when I'm not using it, it won't flood.

5012K72 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Tube Coupling, Plug For 3/8"TUBE Id, 1/4" Coupler, Straight Thru 1 Each
This one goes on my side.

Here's the Web Site:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom