Pee valve or inflation valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

letterboy

I'm the reasonable one
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So on the US Army Combat Diver Drysuit, pictured below, I was wondering whether the valve where the pee valve normally is is a pee valve of inflator valve?

I see there looks to be a blank in the normal valves location. IS this a add on for any diver is this a new super low profile special operations only option?

ohh do you have to be a combat diver or is being in the army enough?

anywho just wondering :D

mil_dry_combat_diver.jpg

http://www.dui-online.com/mil_dry_combat_diver.htm

It's gotta be a pee valve, and it also has a relief zipper....redundancy. :D

but it looks like a blank up top where the normal valve would go . . .

I think it is an inflator, since there is a blank on the chest and it seems to have the stem for the inflator hose.

wonder if a "normal" diver could get the inflator there and what advantage it would have down there . . .

All I know is that I get tons of emails offering products to inflate my anatomy in that area. Maybe that's one of them.
:)

But seriously. I suspect that the inflator hose is supposed to connect to the device in the crotch area and that there's an internal hose running to the "blank" in the chest. The "blank" is really an inflator valve (using an internal hose connection) and is controlled by the diver in the usual way.

The unorthodox hose routing is likely to allow mobility and more free chest area for weapon use and access.

I'm totally pulling this out of thin air, but perhaps the valve is relocated to accommodate chest-mounted counterlungs on military rebreathers?

Hi -

The Combat Diver drysuit allows for two locations for the drysuit inlet valve. When wearing a closed circuit rebreather the diver has a pony bottle in the pocket on the leg. So they move the inlet valve to the low position. This allows for the drysuit to be inflated. When diving SCUBA the diver can place the inlet valve on the chest.

Back
Top Bottom