Pee Valve Leak Fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AdamSa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an Apeks Balanced Pee valve installed on my drysuit. I have done a leak test on the suit, and i have found that the pee valve is leaking in water between the sealing gasket and the pee valve plastic nut. I know this because I can see water forming around the pee valve ring when i do a leak test - it cannot be coming from the duckbill and it cannot be coming from between the sealing gasket and the suit material because this is glued on solid.

Does anyone have any experience in fixing this kind of leak? I was considering adding a second (un-glued) gasket between the nut and the gasket. Otherwise I might just put some aquasure between the nut and the gasket. Would the aquasure come off easily in the future for maintenance?

Can you tighten it? A better solution may be some RTV silicone sealer rather than aquaseal for future ability to take it apart.

Can you tighten it? A better solution may be some RTV silicone sealer rather than aquaseal for future ability to take it apart.

I initially tried tightening it but it didn't really do much. I now hand cut a gasket from an old tyre inner tube and sandwiched it in between the glued gasket and the nut. It passed my leak test but will see how it holds during a dive! If not I will consider RTV - thanks for the suggestion.

I initially tried tightening it but it didn't really do much. I now hand cut a gasket from an old tyre inner tube and sandwiched it in between the glued gasket and the nut. It passed my leak test but will see how it holds during a dive! If not I will consider RTV - thanks for the suggestion.

Just a suggestion, but take something to re-tighten it to the dive site. Every time I take mine apart no matter how tight I think I have it I can always get it a little more after the 1st dive. I'm not familiar with your P valve, so no idea how it's tightened. Mine has a special little tool.

Just a suggestion, but take something to re-tighten it to the dive site. Every time I take mine apart no matter how tight I think I have it I can always get it a little more after the 1st dive. I'm not familiar with your P valve, so no idea how it's tightened. Mine has a special little tool.

Thanks for the suggestion, will do! Just uses a normal 34mm wrench.

Thanks for the suggestion, will do! Just uses a normal 34mm wrench.

I am having the same issue with the apeks p valve. Did you manage to fix it in the end?

I am having the same issue with the apeks p valve. Did you manage to fix it in the end?

Yes I did. I had ended up adding an extra gasket between the original gasket and the dry suit. I created a "new" gasket using a piece of rubber from a tire inner tube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom