Pedrix AI fails to update from V53

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
@Shearwater @Shearwater Cloud : Took me a half dozen tries with my Petrel1 and Cloud (Win10 pc), but I got it to load and update the firmware to the current. But, I cannot get my Pedrix AI to update. Over half a dozen tries...

Currently on V53 (and battery is healthy - 1.58 v reported).

After many minutes, here is where it gets to, and the rest is the story...
IMG_20191230_153949.jpg
IMG_20191230_153956.jpg
IMG_20191230_154051.jpg
IMG_20191230_154101.jpg
IMG_20191230_154105.jpg
IMG_20191230_154239.jpg
IMG_20191230_154246.jpg

Won't work on my Android Tablet either (won't even connect to bt)....

HELP!

iOS - no have....

Damn. Sorry to hear of the difficulty with the firmware update. I faced the same clusterf**kery with Poseidon's latest update. No iOS availability, computers initially refused to open programs; a full battery; and several failed attempts. It finally took an elaborate set of instructions written by a third party to sucessfully complete it.

The folks at divegearexpress.com were very helpful with Poseidon; perhaps they have some Shearwater insight or fix on their site . . .

My update worked fine. They say you should disable your computer's internal Bluetooth and use their little Bluetooth USB dongle if you have communication problems. Did you try that?
Only thing I can think of.

unless there have been changes, the suplied BT Dongle doesn't work with Win10 (64 bit in my case)...

and the bt in my PC works fine for dive downloads....

UPDATE: A different Win10-64 machine running it's internal BT (and a update install of SW Cloud just prior to the attempt) worked! o_O

anyhow, :yeahbaby:

As an aside, thank you for reminding me it was time to update MY firmware (65 to 72). Worked fine on my WIN10 machine with the Shearwater dongle.

Back
Top Bottom