Peacock - 1/24/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Did 2 dives in Peacock on Saturday. With the recent cold weather , the vis was just spectacular! (Best I have seen in a LONG TIME). Definately over 50 feet. On BOTH the Peanut and the Pots-hole line. Olsen was like , crystal clear. We hit Olsen (coming from the Challenge side) right about noon , and it was just at the right angle to send a gorgeous beam down between the hole in the logs and shine on the floor about 40 feet down. Most beautiful thing I have ever seen in there. (sigh)

And even some really nice light coming in from Pothole. Lit up the floor really nice. (I could see finger-puppet shadows really well).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Just superb conditions.

With one exception...Duckweed is now sitting almost right on top of P1. (EEK)
P3 is completely covered with it and as usual OG has a nice layer on it too.

Even the P1 Cavern was very , very nice. (SMILE)

Beano Baggins

Hey JeanDiver,
Peacock was great Sunday also. It was great to meet you Sat. night at dive outpost, I was with the 3 person group of cavern divers.

Deepn0va, I think I met you as well Saturday. I and another guy maned carl were up there taking our full cave class. Were you there with two of your friends?

Jean, it was good seeing you again as well. Do you think the duckweed will keep the algae growth down thereby keeping the vis in the basin good? Or is the duckweed a bad thing?

Hey JeanDiver,
As a fellow GDI survivor, it's always great to see your posts. Vickie & I missed you by a day. Peacock was doing great on Friday, too. We ran up to back side of Olsen's via Cisteen to the Challenge line. It got a little cloudy around the elbow branching to Cisteen Sink. Noticed quite a few hundred to a thousand or more "hatchlings" of albino crayfish (KKK mudbugs). Wondered if you'd seen similar wildlife on the Challenge side.
Bryan B.

Divebandit,
Yes, my two other friends and I were up at DO that night and we all cannot wait to go back. I am looking forward to intro cave later this year after I have 50-100 quality cavern dives. Who knows, maybe even more.

-Rob

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom