Peace dive boat interior pics, request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slingshot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone point me to photos of the interior of the Peace dive boat, eg the salon and the bunk room? I am planning a trip aboard this summer, but wanted to know what to expect of the interior, and more particularly, of where I will be sleeping. Thanks.

They have some pictures on the boat's website:Photos

I have been on the Peace several times but never more than for one nights stay. The boat is clean and so are its banks and general areas. Do not expect any luxuries but a roomy dive boat with friendly crew, probably the best food on a dive boat, and a clean bank bed to sleep...

Ah yes, my own fault for not clicking foward to see the salon, but I didn't see anything in the bunk room. Definitely not looking for luxury, just serviceable, safe, and friendly. I'm doing a day trip in June, and was planning on sleeping over the night before.

Last edited:
Ah yes, my own fault for no clicking foward to see the salon, but I didn't see anything in the bunk room. Definitely not looking for luxury, just serviceable, safe, and friendly. I'm doing a day trip in June, and was planning on sleeping over the night before.

Peace is a great dive boat and you will find at least that...

The Peace is a fabulous boat with a superb crew. The bunks are kind of minimal but have lovely thick polarfleece blankets. There are two heads on the boat which are also the showers. The salon has plenty of room for all the divers to come in for meals, or for people to sit when they are not diving. I wouldn't want to spend a week on a boat like that, but for three days, it's quite adequate. The food when we were on the boat was absolutely SUPERB -- restaurant grade -- but the cook who was there when I was diving off the Peace has left. I would assume the food is still good, because the boat has high standards.

What's most important is that the crew knows the sites and knows how to manage divers on the boat and off it. I felt extremely safe, knowing that the Peace crew had our backs.

The "galley" (aka salon) houses the kitchen, two heads (one on each side of the boat) and two banks of tables (you guess it, one on each side of the boat).

I've never been on a fancy luxury liveaboard so I don't know what the bunks on those boats look like, but the bunks on the Peace is typical of SoCal dive boats: a slab with a thin mattress, pillow and light blanket. It's plenty comfortable for me, but I usually sleep on one of the benches in the galley anyway.

PS The current and newest galley cook is a young lady named Randi. She just came on board January 2014, replacing the other lady who replaced Joe.

The food is still good, but definitely not as good as when Joe was around.

Thanks for the info. Anybody sleep over the night before a day dive? Just wondering what the protocol is, I mean, besides not snuggling up to a stranger in middle of the night if there is an open bunk...

I sleep on the boats the night before all the time. Depends on the charter, they might assign you a bunk or not. If you have bunk assignment then there will be a bunk chart posted right where you sign the boat manifest/roster. If there's no bunk assignment then get whichever bunk you like, first comes first serves.

First come first served except when more than 24 are on the trip then they ask that singles take single bunks and leave the doubles for couples.

The bunks also have a small light. Steve has cooked the last few trips I've been on, food is still better than other dive boats.

The Peace keeps a consistent well trained crew. Other boats I go out on always seem like they are training new crew each trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom