PCa Light questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have this light:
Ikelite PC-A Halogen Light

I have only used it on a couple of dives (and never flooded) and now when I went to test it before a dive it will not work.
First though, dead batteries - put in fresh batteries = still does not work.
Then I thought maybe the bulb burnt out (although I have not used it anywear near long enough that the bulb should be burnt out). I inspected it and it sure appears that it is intact.

Is there anything else that I am missing that could be the problem? I plan on taking it into my LDS to swap out head to narrow down the problem.

Bulb, batteries, or the connections between the two.

If you have a multi-meter test the batteries just to make sure they are good or put them in other light to make sure they work.

Swap bulbs as you mentioned and then just look at the connects in the light. This may be springs, copper plates, etc and clean that with an eraser and just make sure everything is tight and in contact where it should be in contact.

I don't know if the light has a PC board (driver) in it. If that was flooded that would probably be your problem. Also, make sure the switch is making proper contact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom