Pc Interface Sunto Viper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8buck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Anyone know how to make one of these I can not see spending the hundred and something for it from the dive shops...( you know the cable that runs from the dive puter to my home puter)

The best and simplest interface I know of is the one by roli, found in http://www.geocities.com/scubadiver_roli/english.html
it's easy to build, cheap and works very well.
I have made a dozen or so of them so far, and all my users seem happy. Along the way I have actually made some improvments to the basic setup. first of all, I have made an easy to make layour for Veroboard - using it should save you the need to make a spesial-purpuse board or about half the welding time.

I have made a pdf version for the layout, and I will attach it here. you print it our, cut one of the small circut diagrams, and place on the top part of the Veroboard (the side without the lines). with a pin you make holes in the paper whereever a componant needs to go through, and then you put them in place and weld. very easy. note that all diodes face upword, and that you actually need an extreemly small (7holes by 14 lines) piece of Veroboard.
I will attach some pictures of the board as well.

the attached file is a compressed pdf

the dress is actually a working conncetior - you can make one out of an old c-card :)

I have the sunto viper in a console exactly how hard is it to make lol not stupid i am a electrican but the electronics part kinda does not compute...lol

I ordered an interface from Jamie and when I received it, it worked great.

I never get the chance to say thank you to people I buy stuff from but to Jamie, Thanks.

You saved me alot of money and the product works as you said it would.

I built my own as well from roli's information. But it looks to me like those that jamiei makes would be best route unless you just like tinkering with things. Great price on what looks like a solid product.

Good job jamiei!!!!

russ

rakjar once bubbled...

I ordered an interface from Jamie and when I received it, it worked great.

I never get the chance to say thank you to people I buy stuff from but to Jamie, Thanks.

You saved me alot of money and the product works as you said it would.

Ditto...My interface works great, and was a nice price.

Back
Top Bottom