Payments to Belize / Ambregris Caye dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW the review is up on TripAdvisor. Sounds like some good advice when I head down there. Not sure who I'm diving with, but I'll keep all this in mind.

We live in a society that expects everything to be pre-booked and even pre-paid. It wasn't always like that. When I was growing up, my folks would take us on a family vacation every year. Florida, Texas, Virginia, Colorado, Canada, etc. We always drove. Dad never pre-booked anything in his life. He would look for a motel with a Vacancy sign lit up (everyone used to have one) and pull up to the door and go in to see about a room. Often he would come out cussing about highway robbery and off we'd go to the next one. Maybe 3 or 4. Me and sis would cheer when we scored one on the first try but somehow we always ended up sleeping in a bed.

I don’t get the mentality of people who are going on an expensive trip with travel reservations made months in advance, and then they ask a few days before their trip, “who should we dive with?” I see this all the time on a certain FB diving group. Really? You couldn’t do your research more than a few days before your trip?

I don’t get the mentality of people who are going on an expensive trip with travel reservations made months in advance, and then they ask a few days before their trip, “who should we dive with?” I see this all the time on a certain FB diving group. Really? You couldn’t do your research more than a few days before your trip?
The really unfortunate thing is when someone commits to accomodations without even knowing if there is a good dive shop conveniently available at all. Sometimes the choice is made for you for other reasons so you are stuck on the place. Otherwise, best not to assume just because you are on a tropical island there must be a dive shop and good diving nearby!

But the people who need to learn that probably aren't reading here...

Take a look at Scuba School And Family Dive Center Belize, they use PayPal. The good thing is that you can use any Cc to make payments, don't need to have a PayPal account.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom