Pattaya dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be diving w/ Real Divers on Sunday Nov 22, I fully expect to get 2 wreck dives in. If anyone wants to buddy up either PM me or you can probably just show up by 7:45 am at the shop.

I'll be diving w/ Real Divers on Sunday Nov 22, I fully expect to get 2 wreck dives in. If anyone wants to buddy up either PM me or you can probably just show up by 7:45 am at the shop.

The owner of SEAduction told me last week they were moving there boat down to Samesan for a few months till the wind & current calmed down off Pattaya. Did you get down there with Real Divers?

I agree! The Hardeep is a lovely dive. Just need to get it right with current.

I agree! The Hardeep is a lovely dive. Just need to get it right with current.

We used to drift on to it in a strong incoming current, if it was too strong to get down the line. Not for the feint hearted but:-

Get the boat to drop you in the channel about 200 - 300 meters up current between the twon islands, set a bearing on the marker buoy and do a fast negative entry. You should hit a patch of black coral on your way in and if you get it right you will hit it hull side on right in the middle @ about 25 - 27m.

If you hit 30m call the dive as you have missed the wreck and are heading for the 'hole'!

Red Barbarian - did you go out on the reel hooker?

Alternatively plan your diving around the tides and not the clock.
Go with an operator who actually looks at the tide tables and will recommend a day where the conditions should be more favourable to dive the wreck. Rather than one that wants to just take your money and run. I know that tidal information available in thailand is not necessarilly the most comprehensive or the most accurate, but it is a sufficiently good guide to form a good dive plan.
I have dived this wreck countless times and in my mind there is no fun at all in diving there when the tide is at its strongest. Plan ahead and get the most from your dive.

Drifting to the wreck is fun and a challenge!

Did that once and it was great fun. Not for the inexperienced or faint hearted.

John

Did that once and it was great fun. Not for the inexperienced or faint hearted.

John

Was that the 4 hours you spent waiting to get picked up?

Still planning on the overnight drift next year? The 8 hour drift in May was a good warm up , want to do it again?

Jamie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom